Motorsport Manager

Meacon Keaton

I've got a bunch of setups that have worked for me in an Excel spreadsheet for the ERS races, if you want any help.

So, couple of gripes I have with the game: first of all, overtaking in general seems way too hard. My car is 3/4 seconds faster than some people in practice, yet in the race I can't just breeze past a car on a straight etc. Tied in with that, blue flags and backmarkers are programmed horribly. The blue flag only seems to get noticed when the car ahead is halfway through a corner, so they move to let you go...but then you're already off the racing line trying to overtake them, so they just block you. I'm losing 3/4 seconds behind each backmarker at the moment, and it multiplies when you come on a bunch of them. Hopefully that'll be patched because right now it's ruining my races.

Anyway: in the third season now, having purposefully thrown away the last race of the season so that I'd be able to stay in the ERS for one more season and get my HQ up to scratch. Won the Drivers title though which turns out does wonders for your marketability - I'm now raking in about $1mil a race which should really help.

• Like 3

One thing i'm not a fan of is the 'vagueness' of what the engine/tyre modes do to the usage rate of the fuel/tyres. And I personally have shunned away from being aggressive because of it (granted, Predator couldn't drive their way out of last place either way), but it's still frustrating to not have a general idea of what is going on.

If I had some idea of wear-rate in percentages per lap on the given setting, I could much more weigh up the situation and decide what the best course of action is. But right now, i'm just struggling quite fiercely.

Luckily, Predator racing is so bad that the Chairman likes me more as long as I get the cars to the finish line in the race. So it gives me A LOT of leeway.

I've started and am very much in the learning stages, I did manage to get a pole in one race but then completely over-reacted to weather changes during the race itself and the pole-sitter managed to limp home in 13th. Got my "above 14th" sponsorship bonus at least.

I just scored my first podium (3rd, then up to 2nd after a penalty was applied) and I celebrated like I won the title.

Unfortunately my other driver finished 15th, but he's 31 and going to be replaced next season with the old parts on the car, my 17 year old with great potential has all the upgraded parts.

Okay, so these are all 90%+ setups for my drivers, but there does seem to be variation (ish) between setups

(Assume it's Front Wing - Rear Wing - Pressure - Camber - Ratio - Suspension for all)

Black Sea F: 14.3 - 27.3 - 21 - -2.4 - 50 - 69
Munich B: 19.1 - 25 - 19.2 - 0 - 31 - 50
Milan A: 16.4 - 23.2 - 21 - -2 - 56 - 56
Tondela B: 19.2 - 25 - 19.8 - -0.8 - 25 - 50
Ardenne: 17.9 - 22.8 - 22.2 - -2 - 81 - 75
Munich A: 17.9 - 26.2 - 18 - 0 - 19 - 31
Guildford: 16.7 - 25 - 21 - -1.2 - 56 - 94
Tondela C: 19.1 - 26.3 - 19.8 - -0.8 - 31 - 44
Milan B: 16.4 - 25.6 - 21.6 - -1.2 - 56 - 56

• Like 4

Just won my first race (almost entirely thanks to @Katsuya loves Oslo's suggested setup) and it's such an exhilarating feeling when everything goes to plan. If I have to have a negative, and I do because it's me, the wrong car won. My 17 year old got a shocking start and ended up in 19th after the first lap, I pitted her early on to get some clear track though and that got her up to 8th in the end. Meanwhile the 31 year old I was planning to get rid of drove faultlessly, the pit stops were timed perfectly and I cheered him home over the finish line as if it were real.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Just won my first race (almost entirely thanks to @Katsuya loves Oslo's suggested setup) and it's such an exhilarating feeling when everything goes to plan. If I have to have a negative, and I do because it's me, the wrong car won. My 17 year old got a shocking start and ended up in 19th after the first lap, I pitted her early on to get some clear track though and that got her up to 8th in the end. Meanwhile the 31 year old I was planning to get rid of drove faultlessly, the pit stops were timed perfectly and I cheered him home over the finish line as if it were real.

Yeah, the first race win is genuinely rewarding. Hell, most of them have been.

In to the Asia-Pacific league now, Singapore for the first race. Timed the qualifying lap just right and my guy got pole just before the rain got too heavy. Finished 2nd, about 30 seconds behind 1st but equally that far ahead of 3rd. Other driver finished 9th so a little disappointing.

The rules do benefit me a lot though - the season before I moved up, they voted for spec Engines and already had a spec Gearbox, so it means a lot less development needed there.