Motorsport Manager

Meacon Keaton

I finally took the plunge and moved up to the Asian Championship after winning the European Series three times with Octane. My new car finished last in pre-season practice and I was strongly expecting a beat down in my first season, but somehow my new driver Ebony Tyler got third on the grid in qualifying and then raced superbly to finish second. Claudia Dreyfuss finished 10th as well and I couldn't have been happier.

And then I got the finances and found that I got no prize money(?!!) and lost $2.7 million for that race. So I will likely be fired when my money runs out regardless of how many miracles I achieve on the track.

12 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I finally took the plunge and moved up to the Asian Championship after winning the European Series three times with Octane. My new car finished last in pre-season practice and I was strongly expecting a beat down in my first season, but somehow my new driver Ebony Tyler got third on the grid in qualifying and then raced superbly to finish second. Claudia Dreyfuss finished 10th as well and I couldn't have been happier.

And then I got the finances and found that I got no prize money(?!!) and lost $2.7 million for that race. So I will likely be fired when my money runs out regardless of how many miracles I achieve on the track.

Didn't you get a chairman stipend? And didn't you have performance sponsors that hand out dosh for getting certain positions?

Christmas Beta Patch for anyone who isn't a pirate and actually got the game on steam.

· Fix to barriers being visible on some Tondela track layouts.

· Practice & Qualifying: AI cars now leave the garage in a less uniform manner and this leaves space on the track for players to slot their cars in to for the ultimate timed lap.
· Safety Car: AI cars now make better strategy calls on when to pit under the safety car.
· Refuelling: AI cars now make better judgement calls on how much fuel to use to get to their target lap count.
· Refuelling: AI cars no longer fill up their entire tank when refuelling during a race, they’ll now attempt to optimise their fuel usage based on how aggressive the team’s strategy is.
· Driving Style: AI drivers will no longer push too hard if it’ll impact their race pit strategy.
· Driving Style: AI drivers will now push more if they know they’ll need to stop for more fuel before they’ll need to change for new tyres.
· Engine Failures: AI cars will turn the engine down if they are experiencing an issue with it.
· Tyre Lock Ups: Reduced tyre wear when a driver locks up under braking.

Balls, there goes my entire strategy for pulling off any decent results with a weak car, i.e trying to make one stop less than everyone else and not jumping into the pit lane at the first sign of rain/the instant said rain stops. Also gaining several places on the last lap when people run out of fuel. Though if the AI is smarter then they shouldn't piss off into the distance during the first stint since they'll be trying to get more laps out of their tyres so it could even out a bit

Though at least I'll have a better chance at getting decent lap times in during practice and qualifying!

6 minutes ago, EddieG said:

I suuuuck with tyre wear.

Best thing is to keep the heat dead center at all times, and just take the wear as it comes and fuel up enough to make it to 25-30% wear if you can.

As far as rain goes, more tyre switches > less tyre switches. If its inter conditions, go on inters even if in 2-3 laps you need to go on wets, because the difference of using the wrong compound is ridiculous.

But as long as you're not a contender, you're best off playing it safe with compounds. Take whatever compound will get a full tank the furthest, and if neither does then just burn excess fuel until one does.

Preferably my strategy in S2 with Predator is to always take the softest compound, and go on fuel burn mode at all times. First on overtake, then switch to high once it gets to a point where I can get to the pit-stop on that mode. If I can drive overtake the entire time, I'll do that.

And I have noticed the general rule of thumb for fuel usage is normal = 100%, high = 125%, overtake = 150%
So 20 laps of fuel on overtake gets you 13.3, and 15 laps on high gets you 12 laps.

Edited by Jasonmufc

• 1 month later...

Bought this due to the 50% off coupon in my inventory and I started a career with the shortest races possible, began season 1 at ZRT and successfully led them to 4th in the constructors, finished 4th in my second season before moving to Kruger who were relegated after season 1 and failed to bounce straight back. With no personal changes and no chance for me to develop the car myself before the season opener I was surprised to win, as the saying goes 'if its not broken, don't fix it' so I stuck with the team as was, won the next two races and than on lap four of the fourth race both cars crashed out within a couple hundred yards of each other.

Now that I have learnt the way the game works I am planning to start a new game with the race length set to the longest and make a diary based on the save, whether or not it makes it's way onto the forums is unknown but I'll post updates here.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is interested or is still playing this but on the 22nd of Feb they are releasing 2 DLC packs for the game.

One introduces the GT series with two competitions, new teams, staff and drivers while the other is a 'Create your Own Team' which allows you to build the team how you want with regards to colours, uniforms and such.

9 hours ago, Meacon said:

This is a super silly question, but I'm assuming it's DLC you have to pay for, yeah?

4 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

GT Series, yes. I think it'll be a 7,50 price tag on that one. The team creator will be completely free though.

The GT series is £5.99 or $7.99 according to the website I saw this news on, the team creator is indeed free.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...