Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Cast bios here.

Haven't looked at all of them yet but I watched the video. Zeke is.... Zeke is going to be an ordeal, I think.

Only twist revealed is that this season the Hidden Immunity Idol is going to be a Hiding In Plain Sight deal, somewhere on the beach among the shells.

• 1 month later...

Good first episode?

I'm legitimately shocked that Zeke was as level headed and seemed like the star of his tribe day 1. @GoGo Yubari you must be shocked that Zeke actually turned out that way. I'm actually also shocked that Mari seemed to have game and didn't implode. 

The Gen X tribe, minus Bret and Chris, are beyond saving. So much terribleness.

Glad Rachel is gone. I disliked her instantly. From the other members of the Gen X team, I hope David and Sunday are next. But it'll probably be Paul or Jessica.

I hope the Millennials lose the next immunity challenge, because they need a kick in the pants. 

Not sure who I want gone first from the Millennials, but if the others are smart, it'll be someone from the good looking alliance.

Zeke, Hannah and Mari are the only Millennials that I actually like. I'm Gen X myself, but I don't like most of the Gen X team members. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

Good first episode?

I'm legitimately shocked that Zeke was as level headed and seemed like the star of his tribe day 1. @GoGo Yubari you must be shocked that Zeke actually turned out that way. I'm actually also shocked that Mari seemed to have game and didn't implode. 

The Gen X tribe, minus Bret and Chris, are beyond saving. So much terribleness.

Holy shit the Mari you're referring to is Mari Takahashi from Smosh. I think I have a reason to watch this, Mari's great. 

Yeah, Zeke is working much better for me in the context of the show, and Mari thusfar has shown promise.

Gen X is... yeah. I like the off-the-grid model guy, though. He reminds me of Crazy Dave Cruser.

So something I don't get.. how are they defining millenial and Gen Xer? What's the age cutoff? It seems weird to me that Mari's 31 and classified as a "millenial", while there's a guy on the Gen X team who is only 2 years older than her. 

30 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

So something I don't get.. how are they defining millenial and Gen Xer? What's the age cutoff? It seems weird to me that Mari's 31 and classified as a "millenial", while there's a guy on the Gen X team who is only 2 years older than her. 

It's an arbitrary date probably.  It's just a twist to somehow do something different than previous seasons. 

• Like 1

So my dad was doing a food shopping run and he ran into Tony Vlachos today! He said Tony was extremely friendly, and talked a lot...and uhhh

Spoiler

Will put in spoiler tags just in case, but he has lost a lot of weight recently. make of that what you will... :P

The image of the Ginger Guy on Gen-X blocking the two Millennials down and holding on to their sticks during the challenge was a picture perfect example of the generational gap. This man imposed himself to block them from moving up, shortly after earlier talking about how entitled that generation is thinkning they can just get through life without working for anything and expecting it all to be given to them. 

If that isn't a metaphor for life, I don't know what is. 

Spoiler

- How about that little worm finding an idol? jesus lmao

- girl with the glasses on millenials that fucked over her friend for no reason...wtf are you thinking? last nights tribal irked me on so many levels! i dont dislike figgy at all, in fact shes real pretty, but i hate saying real sloppy gameplay. 

- it took me 5 mins after the show ended to realize...you know what? the girl that got voted off, i never have to hear her again say she plays video games. that maybe a true blessing.

- tribe switch already next week? production coming in for the save on their boy zeke!

56 minutes ago, Alex. said:
  Hide contents

- How about that little worm finding an idol? jesus lmao

- girl with the glasses on millenials that fucked over her friend for no reason...wtf are you thinking? last nights tribal irked me on so many levels! i dont dislike figgy at all, in fact shes real pretty, but i hate saying real sloppy gameplay. 

- it took me 5 mins after the show ended to realize...you know what? the girl that got voted off, i never have to hear her again say she plays video games. that maybe a true blessing.

- tribe switch already next week? production coming in for the save on their boy zeke!

I'd have to think they are going to split them up into 3, with each tribe losing 3 people. That would create a tribe of Gen Xers, Millenials and a split tribe.

I pretty much agree.

Its too early for a tribal merge, and picking one or two people to switch tribes would be dumb. (Guess who would be going home at tribal?) Making a 3rd tribe made up of members from each existing tribe makes quite a bit of sense.

Also

Figgy and Michaela can't go home soon enough.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:17, Cloudy said:

Holy shit the Mari you're referring to is Mari Takahashi from Smosh. I think I have a reason to watch this, Mari's great. 

I don't anymore. <_<

• Like 1