EWBFL 17 PS4 League

DYSI

Settings
Skill Level: All-Pro
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Sim Deadline: 5 days (3 days for non-User weeks)

Transaction Rules
Free Agents: You can sign free agents under 75 OVR with no restrictions, however any free agent over 75 OVR will need to be posted in the thread prior to your weeks game. You'll be able to sign one free agent per week unless you have an abundance of injured players that need to be replaced.

Trades: You are free to work out trades with other human-controlled teams, but I would appreciate a heads-up in the thread before you go through with the trade. Any CPU trades must be posted in this thread and will be approved by the league.

-----

AFC East
Buffalo Bills - Thrilla
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets

AFC West
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs - phatman
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers - ADGray (andy-d-gray)

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers - JohnnyPerfect (InceptionOfMind)

AFC South
Houston Texans - Srar (SrarndreTheGiant)
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers - billyzzz80 (B-mos80)
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams

NFC North
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers - Drags (BulletTHEORY27)
New Orleans Saints - rvdwannabe (rvdwannabe)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@Cactus Drags, @billyzzz80, @Little Red Srarvette, @ADG, @Asuka's Gonna Kill You,

@phatman, @Liam

@Thrilla

I'd figure we'd get the ball rolling with the game coming out in a few days and see if you guys want to keep your old teams from last season? If not just post here and once we get that settled out we'll pick new teams and give the scraps to the newbs.

I'll pass on the Bengals this year since they're basically the same team as last year - but worse at WR. >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mixed, there doesn't seem to be much consistency.  Ezekiel Elliot has good stats and a great offensive line, and yet I have a hell of a time getting anything going with him.  It was much easier with Alfred Morris, or even with Melvin Gordon behind the Chargers line.  Defense is a complete crapshoot, where I will either be shutting down a team with ease or watching as they absolutely dissect me.

On 08/29/2016 at 11:42, Little Red Srarvette said:

My receivers either drop or fumble like 80% of the passes I throw to them. The new RB system kinda sucks too. Like all of a sudden my back will jump back and lose yards.

Yeah the new RB system is kinda screwy and ruins the flow a bit imo. The drops can be adjusted with a good set of sliders but you think after a year of developing the game shouldn't need any sliders.

Btw how the hell do you do a QB slide now? The QB just jumps forward now and I'm getting fumbles because of it.

Hold both triggers while hitting X on Xbone.  I couldn't find it mentioned in the controls at all, had to look it up online.  Always great to change a control that's been the same for a decade, then make no mention of the change, or the new way to do it.

• Like 1

I also had Eli Manning drop back to throw, pivot towards his left side, presumably to throw to someone over there, and then the ball shot out of his hand to the right side and into Odell's waiting arms.  A no look, physics defying no throw.

This game can be fun when things are going right.  But the shit that goes wrong is like game breaking bad.  Also I wish I could get the kind of blocking the CPU gets on rushing.  My defensive players are stuck to their blockers and cannot shake them loose, enabling CPU RBs to waltz through for 20 yards or longer.  Meanwhile, by offensive line makes a block and then gives up on it completely when I get near them.  And 70% of my outside hand offs end with my guy tripping over lineman on the ground that you can't see until you're upon them.

The drops and fumbles are an issue that is being addressed by patch (it might be out already, last I heard it was awaiting certification). 

I've only briefly played the EA Access trial (they decided I'd used all 10 hours when it was actually about 3), but I thought the running game was pretty good. Is this the typical issue of people trying to sprint from the get go rather than trying to find their lane? 

• Like 1

Really? I think it's one of the best they've done for years. I've got some really good sliders on the go, but it was pretty decent out of the box I thought. Where are you having trouble?

Since the thread wasn't active, I picked Madden up for Xbox as I had a couple of local friends who wanted to do a franchise. I may pick it up for PS4 once I have regular income if this gets going. It'd be a shame for EWBFL to die :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cactus Drags said:

Really? I think it's one of the best they've done for years. I've got some really good sliders on the go, but it was pretty decent out of the box I thought. Where are you having trouble?

Since the thread wasn't active, I picked Madden up for Xbox as I had a couple of local friends who wanted to do a franchise. I may pick it up for PS4 once I have regular income if this gets going. It'd be a shame for EWBFL to die :(

Constant drops, ridiculously good defense no matter who I play against, and for the most part I can't figure out running back play. I mostly won all the games I played last year in the league unless I was playing against one of you guys and now I lose a hell of a lot more often than I win

There are a lot of drops this year. I believe it's their way of balancing out the QB stats as they don't want to frustrate casuals with more inaccurate passes. Defense is definitely tougher, running I've gotten better with practice. I found what helped me was not using the sprint trigger before getting to the LOS, it tends to make you bump into your linemen and weirdly pull them off their blocks early.

Really hate the kicking game.  Just had to hit a game tying field goal, and randomly I get a completely different camera angle which makes it incredibly difficult to set the angle and then the meter disappeared as I was setting the accuracy.  Still hit it, but fuck that shit.