TV Shows that deserved more

JasonM

54 minutes ago, Benji said:

I really liked it, but I'm okay with what we got. I'd rather keep the memories than risk tarnishing them.

I think I never loved it as much as everyone because I watched it in the knowledge that I wouldn't get any more. I thought it was super great, but I spent the whole season trying not to get too attached. I'd much rather have risked tarnishing them; I still love Heroes Season One, even in retrospect of what came after it. I know we don't want this thread to drop into Firefly chat, but it had so much potential -- the one and only season is outstanding and that's while it was still finding its feet. 

21 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Jericho was a phenomenal show, got cancelled, the fans managed to get it brought back for 6 episodes, then they cancelled it again. Then the fans managed to get it made into a comic book for 2 more seasons, and there is still occasional talk of a movie to finish the story.

This is my go to when this question comes up, I remember it being as one of the last shows that I actively would make sure I was at home for when it came on (Before I knew what Torrents were anyway)
Was amazing and had some serious legs as a long running series... Did not know there was a comic book will have to seek that one out.

12 hours ago, Cymbols said:

The first season of Revolution wasn't bad, though it wasn't as good as the trailers were making it out to be. The finale of the season and the whole second one just sucked though. 

I'm in almost complete agreement about this. There were a couple of second season episodes that didn't suck, but the majority did.

My favorite actor from the show is on Zoo, now, which is a darn good show, and I like his character on it better, anyway.

Party Down is a good pick. Maybe it's an unfair judgement of the channel, but I don't see how Starz makes the decision to cancel anything - until recently, perhaps. They do have a few notable programs now.

Since it was mentioned, Community really did need to end - despite the fact that I actually loved Season 6. That said, I would still be all over a movie, especially if they can get nearly everyone to do it, right down to Hickey, Elroy, and Frankie (especially Frankie.) I'd even love to see Chevy Chase do a flashback scene or three.

• Like 1

Yeah, if there was a movie I'd want everyone back.

No one will probably agree with me on this, but I hated how they had to rush to the Boardwalk Empire ending. I thought if they had given it another couple of seasons before that final one, the show would be even better than it already is (and I think it's phenomenal, like one of the best shows of this decade).

• Like 1

Studio 60, plenty of shows that I'll watch the occasional episode more than once (or 7 times), but Studio 60 is the one show I can marathon the whole season through in one sitting, and every time wanting more.

• Like 3

Even after that final episode reveal of 

Spoiler

zombiezees? I still love TWD but the last thing Revolution needed was ruddy zombies.

I really struggled with it, seemed to have early promise but most of the characters (especially the girl) were so dislikeable. And that Matrix episode was horrendous.

On 8/24/2016 at 23:12, Benkid Nada said:

Yeah, if there was a movie I'd want everyone back.

No one will probably agree with me on this, but I hated how they had to rush to the Boardwalk Empire ending. I thought if they had given it another couple of seasons before that final one, the show would be even better than it already is (and I think it's phenomenal, like one of the best shows of this decade).

I think that was a show that peaked too early at least in my opinion. It peaked for me around S2, and don't get me wrong, the actor who was Gyp Rosetti was great in S3 and all, but they kill off a great antagonist way too early in the show. (S2, you know who I am referring to.)  

3 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Wow I don't remember that spoiler at all. Yeah Charlie I think her name was the main girl was probably my least favorite. I just wish the show could have fulfilled the amazing potential it had based on the story at the beginning 

Spoiler

It was literally the final scene of the show, a horde of zombies walking around. I like to think they knew it was cancelled so they'd end it in a ridiculously stupid way. They should've also said the beardy man was a figment of his own imagination and also a ghost.

I'll second the vote for Constantine. That show was fantastic, and had it been on Sci-Fi or really anything but one of the main networks would have done really well. It pisses me off that garbage like Grimm (that went to shit after Season 1) gets five plus seasons and Constantine is one and done.

How about a Nathan FIllion show that wasn't Firefly....I really liked Drive that aired on Fox for 4 episodes, but when 11 billion people didn't watch it, Fox of course shit canned it as they are known to do.

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr would be so ridiculously popular if it was airing on Sci-Fi right now, but airing on Fox in '93 it never stood a chance.

For something more recent, Enlisted was a half hour comedy about 3 brothers in the military that was funny, made good points, and I enjoyed. So it of course got cancelled after one season, guess what channel.....yep...Fox

A lot of ABC shows should have lasted longer than they did, simply because ABC has a bad habit of not supporting or promoting their shows, or rescheduling them without promoting that they've been rescheduled.

The promos for the show Red Widow told you absolutely nothing whatsoever about the show, and the medical drama starring Luke Perry and Dana Delaney wasn't really promoted at all. I'd never even heard of it at all until the week before it was axed. They also didn't promote Zero Hour enough.

However......I liked Last Resort and The Whispers, and both should have been season-long mini-series. Neither really had enough going to be full shows, and it sucks that The Whispers ended on a cliffhanger. At least with Last Resort they had enough of a notice to wrap things up. 

• Like 1