TV Shows that deserved more

JasonM

5 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I'll second the vote for Constantine. That show was fantastic, and had it been on Sci-Fi or really anything but one of the main networks would have done really well. It pisses me off that garbage like Grimm (that went to shit after Season 1) gets five plus seasons and Constantine is one and done.

How about a Nathan FIllion show that wasn't Firefly....I really liked Drive that aired on Fox for 4 episodes, but when 11 billion people didn't watch it, Fox of course shit canned it as they are known to do.

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr would be so ridiculously popular if it was airing on Sci-Fi right now, but airing on Fox in '93 it never stood a chance.

For something more recent, Enlisted was a half hour comedy about 3 brothers in the military that was funny, made good points, and I enjoyed. So it of course got cancelled after one season, guess what channel.....yep...Fox

I dunno, Nate did pretty good post-Firefly. Him and Adam Baldwin have found plenty of work after Firefly got cancelled. 

I'm not denying that he has done well. I just meant that Firefly gets a lot of love in a "Shows that deserved more" thread (and I agree it deserved more) so I was picking another show with a member of that cast that I thought deserved more.

The Time Tunnel from the '60s, which had some similarities to Quantum Leap with regards to leaping into places to sort things out for people, ended with them "leaping" onto the deck of the Titanic and a synopsis is shown in a "next week" thing but there never was another episode and so it is never resolved and they are frozen on that deck forever.

• Like 1

ST:E is a good one aye. It started off shakily, and it was jarringly different than all the Star Trek that came before. And many of the fans had a hard time accepting the show for what it was.

It took a few seasons, but once the Xindi arc started the show finally got a purpose and real legs, as they finally added emotional stakes to the whole affair, and made the show interesting.

Then, they got screwed over in season 4 and 'that' ending happened, which to be honest I don't even count as canon because it was the worst of the worst.

ENTERPRISE shouldn't even be considered canon - unless you want to make it part of NuTrek somehow - because some things on it contradict the shows before it. 

brenchill mentioned Quantum Leap, and can I get an `amen!' for that? Its made even worse because of the shitty, tacked on text ending (since it was supposed to be a season, not series, finale) that screwed over the main character. If there's ever a show that deserves a reunion movie (if it resolves things only!), its that show.

• Like 1

Stuff in every series violated canon. Enterprise was no worse. Voyagers Borg were not the same borg we saw in TNG, DS9 Trills were not the same Trills we saw in TNG. Voyager went back to Earth when the Eugenics wars were happening, but oh no, everything was chill and no-one mentioned it. Sulu is gay now, or is he? who cares.

Enterprise was a good show, it had its faults, but violating canon isn't one of them, at least no more than any of the others

• Like 4

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

ENTERPRISE shouldn't even be considered canon - unless you want to make it part of NuTrek somehow - because some things on it contradict the shows before it. 

brenchill mentioned Quantum Leap, and can I get an `amen!' for that? Its made even worse because of the shitty, tacked on text ending (since it was supposed to be a season, not series, finale) that screwed over the main character. If there's ever a show that deserves a reunion movie (if it resolves things only!), its that show.

Amen, my brother!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Avatar. Don't get me wrong, 7 season is amazing and more than I should probably have ever expected, but I still feel like there's still tons to be done in that universe with new characters. I was hoping they would do one Avatar for each of the elements, with the last two delving into the past and the future of the Avatar world. The past especially with Avatar Wan.