Great British Bake Off

Liam

• 1 month later...

Mary Berry's replacement is Prue Leith who has been a judge on Great British Menu for the last ten years.

The new hosts are Sandi Toksvig, who is a great choice, and Noel Fielding, who is a choice that means I will not be watching the show.

• Like 1

Noel Fielding? It's like Channel 4 couldn't get anyone decent/relevant to host so opened up their personality storage unit and grabbed the first stalwart they could find.

Bet Richard Ayoade, Bill Bailey and Tamsin Greig are all still stuck in there waiting for their chance.

• 5 months later...

Noel was great, y'all suck!

Was a but surprised that it wasn't---

Wait, we don't do spoilers in here do we?

---pork pie cake dude going home, he seemed to be the worst of the lot throughout the episode, but I'm probably just mad because I really liked Peter.  Oh well!  Still a great start to the series, some of those showstoppers were amazing.

I'm basically in love with Julia.  Honestly usually there's one person who I don't really care about, but this series' cast has all been great.  Not sure I feel the same way about the actual challenges, it feels like the showstoppers in particular seem more gimmicky than they were on the beeb?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheiLDa the She-Wolf said:

I'm basically in love with Julia.  Honestly usually there's one person who I don't really care about, but this series' cast has all been great.  Not sure I feel the same way about the actual challenges, it feels like the showstoppers in particular seem more gimmicky than they were on the beeb?

I feel like they've run out of things so are throwing more things together to make interesting showstoppers.

3 hours ago, SheiLDa the She-Wolf said:

Julia is quite lovely. Episode 3:

Spoiler

Her penis snail was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Episode 4:

Reveal hidden contents

Liam was robbed!  Dude deserved Star Baker, but I will admit the winner's showstopper was an amazing cake.

But yeah, it's Tom's time to go.  I like him but also didn't think he ever really did an amazing job, so I'm fine with him going home.

1 minute ago, SheiLDa the She-Wolf said:

Hide contents

Liam was robbed!  Dude deserved Star Baker, but I will admit the winner's showstopper was an amazing cake.

But yeah, it's Tom's time to go.  I like him but also didn't think he ever really did an amazing job, so I'm fine with him going home.

Spoiler

Yeah, but he was a cutie so if had've stayed longer, that would have been alright by me.

Episode 5 thoughts:

Spoiler

Come on Steven! Pick it up. Poor Liam, I didn't think he would go this week but I was nervous there for a second. 

Kind of felt like James' time to go, he seemed a step behind everyone else for a few week's now. I imagine Kate is soon to follow.

On 10/4/2017 at 12:30, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Episode 6:

Hide contents

Liam! :D

Julia! :crying: Sandi tearing up got me as well. Julia is only 21!? What the hell.

Finally caught up on the last two weeks after being out of town -- couldn't cheat on Joey and watch it without her.  But yeah, that spoiler mirrors my thoughts exactly; I was super happy with who got star baker and devastated at who left.  Although, I can't fault the decision, it really did seem like they were struggling throughout the episode.  :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...