Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

FestiveJack

Figured it deserved a thread rather than just popping up in the FIFA topic every now and then.

Demo is out, and its not bad. It's much more tactical than FIFA (16 that is, haven't been part of the 17 beta so I don't know how it compares), also slower, but I think I might pick this one up.

54 minutes ago, Baddar said:

My missus' brother has played the demo and really likes it. Might look into getting it if getting the real kits/badges etc. isn't much of a hassle on PS4.

Apparently will be much easier/quicker than last year.

Demo is really good, cross field passing and crossing is beautiful. The player I.D is as good as ever, Payet feels brilliant in this. Just like last year though online will be the true test. '16 felt great at the start but then online revealed how many holes there were in the game (most notable one being the ability to easily spam through ball in such an effective way). It feels like they've worked on most of the issues but it's a matter of waiting to see how it plays online now for me.

Edited by Asuka's Gonna Kill You

• Admin

I've been tempted to switch to PES this year after being less enamoured with FIFA's single player modes the past few years. But what's the score on things like Option Files for the PS4? Do they still exist? 

2 hours ago, R.W. said:

I've been tempted to switch to PES this year after being less enamoured with FIFA's single player modes the past few years. But what's the score on things like Option Files for the PS4? Do they still exist? 

Option files made somewhat of a comeback last year, but it was a slow laborious process to import the stuff and then assign the various kit images to each team individually. Supposedly it's a lot easier this year. The community for editing is still really active, so there will probably be something out a few days after release.

The demo is really good. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it played and it's probably sold me on this over FIFA. I'm interested in FIFA's story mode, but it seems like the gameplay is basically the same as 16 and they've done very little (or nothing at all) to improve the career mode. I don't play Ultimate Team much so it doesn't really seem like FIFA is for me anymore.

PES will no doubt have faults that surface over time (I worry it will become too easy, for one), but it's got a great feel to it and is genuinely enjoyable to play.

• Like 1

I am absolutely sold on this. Far better than anything EA have put out in a few years at least. 

It plays like an actual game of football, I'm not getting constantly annoyed at my midfield just disappearing as they actually hold their shape. Plus, players like Kante are actually useful and tidy, whereas in FIFA games I find players like him are pretty useless (usually because they always go missing in the oppositions penalty area).

My only gripe is the frame rate, I presume it will be fixed for the final release though.

Also, how do option files work on the PS4? Stick them on a USB or something? 

• Like 1

On 27/08/2016 at 21:26, Alexis Sanchez said:

I am absolutely sold on this. Far better than anything EA have put out in a few years at least. 

It plays like an actual game of football, I'm not getting constantly annoyed at my midfield just disappearing as they actually hold their shape. Plus, players like Kante are actually useful and tidy, whereas in FIFA games I find players like him are pretty useless (usually because they always go missing in the oppositions penalty area).

My only gripe is the frame rate, I presume it will be fixed for the final release though.

Also, how do option files work on the PS4? Stick them on a USB or something? 

Yeah, full option files this year on PS4 only (Microsoft still won't allow them to do it on the Xbone).

It's as simple as download the file structure to your usb, plug it into your ps4 and upload through the relevant menu in game, unlike last year where you had to do it one by one.

• Like 1

That sounds ideal.

Just means I need to buy another controller as only have the one PS4 controller.

Played more of the demo over the weekend, and it's just brilliant. Much more rewarding and less frustrating to play against the CPU as well.

Anyone know of the best sites for option files? I remember in the old PES5 days I would use PESFan but not sure if that's still going or not?

48 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

That sounds ideal.

Just means I need to buy another controller as only have the one PS4 controller.

Played more of the demo over the weekend, and it's just brilliant. Much more rewarding and less frustrating to play against the CPU as well.

Anyone know of the best sites for option files? I remember in the old PES5 days I would use PESFan but not sure if that's still going or not?

PESFan and PESgaming usually have stuff in their editing sections, pesworld will have kits too. Matter of waiting until it comes out, imagine kits will pop up by the weekend that it comes out.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, cmb211087 said:

Yeah, full option files this year on PS4 only (Microsoft still won't allow them to do it on the Xbone).

It's as simple as download the file structure to your usb, plug it into your ps4 and upload through the relevant menu in game, unlike last year where you had to do it one by one.

Awesome, think it'll be PES for me this year then. Do they still do the old Master League where you start with a team of nobodies? Feels like a good way to replicate Blackburn this year :shifty:

I haven't even played the demo but I'm sold.

I just hope that more stadiums get announced. There's only about 6 announced at the moment so I hope that rises. All well and good having the 2nd divisions in from England, France, Italy and Spain, but not if they can all play in a couple of stadiums between them, all of them massive.

3 hours ago, R.W. said:

Awesome, think it'll be PES for me this year then. Do they still do the old Master League where you start with a team of nobodies? Feels like a good way to replicate Blackburn this year :shifty:

Yep master league offline and online are still in. The old players from the older pes are even agents! Just don't tell Venkys.

MyClub is a really awesome mode. Fifa has ultimate team. Pes has this. Instead of buying/selling, you get random players from balls, like a lottery. It's great.

Best for files last year was pes world. Will be so much easier this year only having to download/upload a couple of files.

As for the stadiums, I think they said a lot of them are coming after launch. Also weekly data updates! (Last year was a joke, the game didn't get its first transfer update until after everyone had already done the one by one edit and guess what the update did....)

I will rely on whoever I get the file off to have partially updated transfers before the data update. I didn't get 2016 but it took until around October/November time to have summer transfers in.

Also, how does the online master league work, @cmb211087 - vaguely remember looking into it on a previous edition. Any changes for this year?