Super Bowl Champs: New England

AFC Champs: New England

NFC Champs: Green Bay

OPOY: Antonio Brown

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Ezekiel Elliot

DROTY: Jalen Ramsey

#1 Pick 2017 Draft: San Francisco

Joe Flacco will throw for 4000 yards since Trestman likes to throw the ball 40 times a game.

I had Pats over Packers as my Super Bowl matchup and went through to see if anybody else had it and then realized I just agree with all of these picks.  Kicked a couple of other names in my head around for OPOY and DROTY but ultimately Brown and Ramsey were at the top of my lists.

I sincerely hope my Super Bowl winner is wrong, but a pissed off Tom Brady is a scary thing for the rest of the league.  And it just feels like Goodell being forced to hand him the trophy is the only appropriate way for this Deflategate "saga" to finally end.

Super Bowl Champs: Seattle Seahawks

AFC Champs: New England Patriots

NFC Champs: Seattle Seahawks

OPOY: Odell Beckham 

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Ezekiel Elliot

DROTY: Noah Spence

#1 Pick 2017 Draft: San Francisco 49ers

Joe Flacco WILL throw for 4,000 yards this season.

• Like 1

Busch's "I'm bored, preseason is over, and cutdown day is in 2 days" Giants 53 man roster prediction:

OFFENSE (25):
QB (2):  Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
RB (4):  Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen, Andre Williams, Paul Perkins
WR (6):  Odell Beckham Jr, Sterling Shepard, Victor Cruz, Dwayne Harris, Geremy Davis, Tavarres King
TE (4):  Larry Donnell, Will Tye, Jerrell Adams, Will Johnson
OL (9):  Ereck Flowers, Justin Pugh, Weston Richburg, John Jerry, Marshall Newhouse, Will Beatty, Bobby Hart, Brett Jones, Emmett Cleary

Overview:  Williams has done nothing to earn a spot on this roster but he was a 4th round pick in 2014 and in Jerry Reese world anybody picked in the 4th round or higher has to be given the chance to play out their contract.  Johnson hasn't played all preseason but I'm still penciling him in for the TE/H-Back role as the Giants like many other teams are phasing out the use of a traditional fullback.  The linemen just flat out suck and are by far my biggest concern.  I don't even want to keep 9 from this group but am only doing so because they just signed Beatty off the street this week so he might not be ready to play Week 1.  The last two spots were blind guesses and might even end up getting filled by dudes cut from other teams' rosters.

Last offensive cuts:  RB Bobby Rainey and WR Roger Lewis.  Rainey looked like a guy who could contribute nicely to special teams but at the end of the day that's why they're paying Dwayne Harris.  Lewis can hopefully sneak onto the practice squad, he caught a TD tonight but otherwise was unimpressive in preseason games despite strong showings in camp.

DEFENSE (25):
DE (5):  Olivier Vernon, Jason Pierre-Paul, Kerry Wynn, Owa Odighizuwa, Romeo Okwara
DT (4):  Damon Harrison, Johnathan Hankins, Jay Bromley, Montori Hughes
LB (7):  Devon Kennard, Jasper Brinkley, Jonathan Casillas, Keenan Robinson, J.T. Thomas, B.J. Goodson, Mark Herzlich
CB (5):  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Janoris Jenkins, Eli Apple, Leon Hall, Trevin Wade
S (4):  Landon Collins, Darian Thompson, Nat Behre, Mykkele Thompson

Overview:  I'm far more optimistic about the team defensively than offensively.  The Giants' bread and butter when they've been a winning team has always been having a stout pass rush, and that's been severely lacking the last few years.  Given that Steve Spagnuolo's defensive scheme is basically just "blitz everybody" it's nice to have people who might be able to get into the opposing backfield.

Last defensive cuts:  DT Louis Nix, LB Kelvin Sheppard, CB Dontae Deayon, and S Andrew Adams.  I had a much tougher time whittling down the roster on this side of the ball.  Nix and Hughes for the 4th DT spot is a total toss-up.  Sheppard loses out at LB to a bunch of guys making a lot of money and Herzlich who is money on special teams.  The Giants would be thrilled to get one or both of Deayon and Adams onto their practice squad.  Since Adams is a UConn guy I have a bias towards him especially with Darian Thompson on the mend, and again I'd gladly sacrifice the 9th OL spot to keep one of them.  At the end of the day though I needed to give the last defensive spot to Okwara, who was quiet tonight but had been flying all over the field the rest of preseason.  Okwara might be inactive most weeks as a 5th DE but I doubt he'd make it to the practice squad.

SPECIAL TEAMS (3):
K (1):  Randy Bullock
P (1):  Brad Wing
LS (1):  Zak DeOssie

The only question here is if Bullock actually is the Week 1 kicker or if they sign a younger guy on Saturday who gets cut from another roster.  Apparently there's rules about veteran players needing to be paid their full salary guaranteed even if they get cut, so the Giants may not want to pay Bullock's full wage when he's only going to be on the roster for Week 1.

-----

Doubtless I'll be wrong with plenty of these, and probably the first cut I read on Saturday will be somebody I had penciled in to the 53.  -_-

Ravens will almost certainly be carrying 7 WRs (and sadly no Keenan Reynolds) on the roster. It's a lot but Jeremy Butler was too good in the preseason to cut him and Moore is a 4th round pick so you can't really cut bait on him. That said 3 TEs is looking like a distinct possibility, so it balances out a little there.

Here's the NFL's page for tracking cuts: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691151/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trimming-to-53-players

So far we've only cut the mildly amusingly named Chi Chi Ariguzo. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 00:09, damshow said:

Ravens will almost certainly be carrying 7 WRs (and sadly no Keenan Reynolds) on the roster. It's a lot but Jeremy Butler was too good in the preseason to cut him and Moore is a 4th round pick so you can't really cut bait on him. That said 3 TEs is looking like a distinct possibility, so it balances out a little there.

Keenan didn't make it :(

This trade means that Bridgewater's knee is completely wrecked or they weren't sold on him to begin with.

I get why they did it nonetheless. They are in win now mode.They have a new stadium and maybe have 1 more year Peterson at his insane level. Draft picks values are overstated and I'd much rather have Sam Bradford under centre than any other QB including Sanchez who couldn't beat out Siemian. 

2 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I'm probably as big a Sam Bradford fan as there is...but a 1st and 4th rounder for him is insane.

They probably could have got Mark Sanchez for just the fourth.

Sanchez isn't worth anything better than a fifth.....