2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

14 hours ago, TCO said:

Odell's best years are going to be wasted with declining Eli and then QB purgatory aren't they? :(

I think, once Eli goes, the Giants will tank for a year or two. On the plus side, if there's a good QB coming out of college at that time, they'll likely be able to get them.

11 hours ago, DFF said:

I think, once Eli goes, the Giants will tank for a year or two. On the plus side, if there's a good QB coming out of college at that time, they'll likely be able to get them.

The Giants have already tanked the last two years with Eli having the two best statistical seasons of his career.....and last year was with an even worse offensive line than this year.  But they're defensively a wreck, in part because Jerry Reese thinks linebackers are unimportant and that Spagnuolo will always be able to develop pass rushers despite his best success coming with three great ones already on the team in Strahan, Umenyiora, and Tuck.

I think the Giants are going to need to look at QBs in the upcoming draft and shouldn't rule out using one of their top picks on one if they genuinely feel that one of them can be Eli's successor.  He's got three more seasons under contract after this but even if these last few weeks were an aberration, he's highly likely to start declining and I'm not sure if even Eli's Iron Man routine will last behind this O-line.  Rookie deals are for four years so if they need to stash somebody for a few years a la Rodgers, they should do it.  Ryan Nassib sucks.

• Like 1