2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

He is worth more than that though, he's a starting NFL QB and Sanchez isn't.

He's not worth what they paid for him but it's the premium to get him. The Eagles are also eating $11mil in cap space for the deal and he's only a $7mil cap hit for the Vikings for the year.

Well from my Giants' roster projection the other night, I got 49 out of 53.

Players I predicted would make it that didn't:  RB Andre Williams, WR Geremy Davis, TE Will Johnson (put on IR), OL Emmett Cleary
Players that made it that I had getting cut:  RB Orleans Darkwa, RB Bobby Rainey, WR Roger Lewis, LB Kelvin Sheppard

I'm actually thrilled with my wrong picks, I thought for sure Williams was a shoe-in just because Reese can't bring himself to cut his early draft picks but Williams was just awful and I felt that Darkwa and Rainey both brought more value.  That being said I'm surprised they kept both.  Lewis did more to earn a spot over Davis, even though I have an irrational soft spot for Davis just like I do with all UConn players good enough to get into the league.  I do kinda hate losing Johnson to season-ending injury though, I think he could have been a really nice boost to the offense and give us the type of H-back we'd need.

The current roster composition and overload at certain positions (5 RB, 8 LB) makes me think there will be more roster shuffling before the team heads to Dallas next weekend.  Rainey, Brett Jones, and one of the LBs are probably still on the bubble as the team scans OL options released from other teams and they might possibly try to add an H-back from the outside.

• Like 1

Is Bradford bitching that he's not starting week one yet?  You just know he's going to get injured again too.

Are the Eagles rolling with Wentz? Or are they going to trot out Chase Daniel?  

Lots of stuff happening.

Chase Daniel is the starter in Philadelphia with Wentz as back-up (unless Wentz is healthy in which case he will start).

Mark Sanchez was cut by the Broncos only to be signed up immediately by the Cowboys. (sigh)

Blaine Gabbert was announced as the starter for the 49ers. Kaep also stayed on with the team.

And after being touted all preseason as looking like his former Pro Bowl self, Justin Forsett has been surprisingly cut by the Ravens.

5 hours ago, TCO said:

This trade means that Bridgewater's knee is completely wrecked or they weren't sold on him to begin with.

I get why they did it nonetheless. They are in win now mode.They have a new stadium and maybe have 1 more year Peterson at his insane level. Draft picks values are overstated and I'd much rather have Sam Bradford under centre than any other QB including Sanchez who couldn't beat out Siemian. 

Um yeah, his knee is fucked.  He's out for the year and they don't project he'll be ready until late in preseason next year.  It's got nothing to do with them not being sold on him, the whole organization seems to love the kid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Um yeah, his knee is fucked.  He's out for the year and they don't project he'll be ready until late in preseason next year.  It's got nothing to do with them not being sold on him, the whole organization seems to love the kid.

I meant fucked more as in he may never return to play at all. Giving up a first round pick for Bradford is a huge deal, Bridgewater may never see the field for the Vikings again if it goes well for Bradford.

Edited by TCO

The Lions surprisingly cut TJ Jones. Weird. They kept 4 WRs, but I think  a move will be made tomorrow to IR Jon Bostic which will in turn have us re-sign one of our three WRs in Jones, Billingsley or Lee. Personally I'd rather they cut Andre Roberts, and keep Jones with either Billingsley or Lee as the fifth guy and the other hitting the practice squad.

And Jake Rudock was cut because anytime you can make your 2nd string QB an aging, ineffectual bum you just have to do it. Fuck Dan Orlovsky.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TCO said:

I meant fucked more as in he may never return to play at all. Giving up a first round pick for Bradford is a huge deal, Bridgewater may never see the field for the Vikings again if it goes well for Bradford.

Things would have to go like Super Bowl victory well for Bradford.  Which it won't because Bradford isn't a good QB.  This was a really dumb panic trade, it's not indicative of their plans for Bridgewater, as the only realistic way Bradford takes over long term is if Bridgewater can't ever play again.

Bradford is on a two year deal, he's an expensive rental for this season, and insurance for next season. (Which he will bitch and moan about)

13 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sam Bradford has been traded to the Vikings.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Packers cutting Josh Sitton  was a bit of a surprise. I wonder if we'll go for him? We need all the o-line help we can get!

Josh Sitton is visiting the Bears and he's just retweeted a McDonald's promo pic featuring himself and Kyle Long.

Looks like he won't be leaving Chicago.

Edit: Disregard. He's just not updated his Twitter account for a long time.

Edited by Jake O. Rhodes

Gutted about Gould, last member of the NFC Champions from '06. He was shaky last year, but he looked decent in camp from what I heard, he's just not highest-paid-kicker-in-the-league decent (thanks Phil Emery). The thing that surprises me is that they didn't do it sooner, they didn't bring in anyone to compete with him through preseason/camp or anything.

Sitton is a smart move, I'm not a fan of players signing for rivals, but we need help, and if we can beat Green Bay with one of their own on our side, than all the better, I guess.