World Cup Of Hockey 2016

Draevyn

15 hours ago, El TiBacon Pizza said:

I hate sounding so uninformed, but I do have a question. Why are there US and Canadian teams in one group and a Team North America in another? 

To make sure the tournament has as many NHLers as possible. 

North America is an Under 24 team. 

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

Kessel is savage.

No idea why they wouldn't bring Kessel, yet they bring: Dubinsky, Backes, Abdelkader, Stepan...

It's not like Kessel isn't one of the best RW in the game at the moment.

I think it was because they knew he needed surgery and they didn't think he'd be ready for it.

4 hours ago, The Forks And The Hound said:

I think it was because they knew he needed surgery and they didn't think he'd be ready for it.

They selected the rosters before Kessel's injury even came out. It was just a dumb decision by the people running the team.

No doubt he should have been on the team. I think leaving Faulk off the team was a bigger insult, and while I strongly believe this team was doomed, with or without, Phil Kessel - adding some increased speed/skill with Kessel, Tyler Johnson, and Fowler/Shattenkirk would have definitely improved Team USA.  Even Leddy was a better option than Jack Johnson.   I can see why some of Team USA was not thrilled with the tweet Kessel made. 

Looks like we won't be getting North America/Canada :(