CDs are still cool

I respectfully disgree!

Just ordered the following:

Santi by The Academy is... for £0.01

Night Shades by Cobra Starship for £1.22

Neighbourhoods by Blink 182 for £0.84

Splashing the cash today lads. 

6 hours ago, metalman said:

Regarding the statement in the thread title: no they're bloody not.

i used to work in HMV when I was a little undergrad - FIVE YEARS AGO NOW - and whenever anyone bought a CD I just thought "omg you lame ass punk".

Said the lame ass punk selling it to them :P

If you hate CDs, why of all places in the retail universe would you choose to work at HMV?

For the money. And for the opportunity to deprive lame ass punks of their money.

• Like 1

Just bought three Bowling for Soup albums for £2.69. Figured I might as well, seeing how I might end up seeing them in a couple weeks. 

Decided to treat myself on pay day, bought Hot Fuss by the Killers and Simple Plan's self titled album for 52p, going wild. 

• Like 2

Simple Plan's self titled album is an excellent choice.

I was in Target today and thought I'd stop by the music section. Found the Beastie Boys' "License to Ill" and Three Dog Night's Greatest Hits for $3 each. I haven't bought CDs in probably a decade. I had no idea they could be had for that cheap. I only really listen to them in my car, but I'm in my car for a few hours each week, so I may go back and pick up more now that I know. 

Charity shops have had a great selection recently, including 2 MCR albums I got for a combined £1.50.

My girlfriend bought 6 in Glasgow and I think it came to £5.50.

• Like 1

Sad thing is, I still have all my old cassette tapes. But not a damn thing to play them on right now. 

Haven't had a CD player in years. I didn't feel the need to purchase a new one when my last one went kaput. I play CDs on my computer when I am at home, use portablr devices (Kindle, mp3 player) for music when I'm out and about.

My most recent purchases have been Madina Lake and Four Year Strong because apparently I didn't get the memo and it's 2009.

Fucking bangers though. Late 2000s pop punk slaps hard.