Football Manager 2017

Lineker

On 17/01/2017 at 20:08, MDK said:

Whitehawk Manager: Tottenham and Dumny aren't as good as they think they are.
Me: We stuffed you 4-0 with my reserve team. On a potato field. Bugger off.

Nuneaton Manager: "Stockport don't have the squad to cope with the demands of the conference, they'll get relegated"

Me: "He can think what he wants"

Stockport 5-1 Nuneaton. 

Nuneaton Manager has a fairly poor opinion of you.

Edited by Just Joe
  • Like 3

Liverpool 7-0 Burnley

Burnley manager following an EFL Cup game in which I rotated 10 players

"Liverpool aren't as good as they think they are"

• Like 1

Doing quite well in my second season (4th overall) in The Conference with Stockport. At the half way point in the league and currently 8th, either 3 or 4 points off the playoffs. Keep dipping in and out of the top five. Kept mostly the same team as last season, been hit by a lot of injuries to key players, if I can get a run where my best players are available hopefully I can hold down a playoff spot, I was expecting another mid table finish but going well so far. The FA Cup has been quite favourable to me so far, finally beat local rivals Macclesfield in the First Round and then saw off Conference North Southport in the Second Round. Drawn Away to Cheltennham in the third, was really hoping I'd get an away tie at a premier league side for the monies but Cheltenham are Mid Table in League 2 so there's a chance we could get past them. 

The social feed is really pissing me off. You can have a player score 4 goals in a game, get MOTM and end up on a 9.8 and some fucker says "Oh, I don't think he is that good". Fuck you.

17 hours ago, Rocky said:

Am I the only who refuses to sell players and just hold onto them until they retire?

I only do that with Orient players that I like. I pretty much had Kevin Lisbie buried at Brisbane Road.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

The social feed is really pissing me off. You can have a player score 4 goals in a game, get MOTM and end up on a 9.8 and some fucker says "Oh, I don't think he is that good". Fuck you.

Literally just had this. Beat Liverpool 5-3, Martial scores four. "He's not that good." Just fuck off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Literally just had this. Beat Liverpool 5-3, Martial scores four. "He's not that good." Just fuck off.

It makes it realistic, I guess. There is always some twit on twatter saying "Hold my pint" when your 17 year old youth prospect has bagged a hat trick against Barcelona in the CL final.

20 minutes ago, Sick N Twisted said:

Getting the urge to play this so much, but think I'm just going to wait for the update before I do, unless I can find it cheap enough.

How does it compare to last years, better or worse?

Check a few pages back when others have asked. I think I said something like "It feels better than previous ones, its like formations make a difference and there isn't one God Formation that will win everything". I think it was cheap on CDKeys or Tesco or somewhere. Its worth it, I say.

Think I might look to move on from Stockport after this season, after Christmas been awful. Was hanging around the playoffs but went on an awful run since then, got hammered of Cheltenham in the third round, was really pissed off by that as it would have set up an away tie with Man City.Ten games left and 13 points off the relegation zone, hopefully we see some wins soon because I'm fearing getting dragged into it. Most of the team will be gone if I do decide to stay, majority of the squad just aren't up to being much better. Took leads in the last few games, 2-0 turned into 2-2 against Ebbsfleet, 2-0 ended 2-3 against Playoff Chasing Harrogate (semi pro <_<) and then came back from  a goal down to lead 2-1 against Lincoln who were top but they got a winner at the death. Maybe it's me being from Sunderland rubbing off on them, speaking of, they suffered 2 relegations in three years and have gone through Poyet, Mick McCarthy, Sam Allardyce and Nicky Barmby who came in when they were relegated to League 1 and he was abysmal, had them rock bottom at one point and was sacked and replaced by Tactics Tim Sherwood who's now making a late assault on the top 6.

I avenged my defeat to West Ham when they broke my 59 game unbeaten streak in the Prem by twatting them 7-0 at Anfield. 

HAVE THAT YOU GANG OF CUNTS!! :angry:

I also lost to Southampton this season but I've not had chance to avenge that defeat....yet... 

22 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I avenged my defeat to West Ham when they broke my 59 game unbeaten streak in the Prem by twatting them 7-0 at Anfield. 

HAVE THAT YOU GANG OF CUNTS!! :angry:

I also lost to Southampton this season but I've not had chance to avenge that defeat....yet... 

It's always frustrating when the reserves beat you in pre season. 

Second Season in the Conference was a bit shit to be honest, after a great start and being around the playoffs at christmas the second half of the season was awful, barely picking up wins or even points. Ended up on 61 points and 16th place so two places lower than last year. Moved on the poor performers and those who are earning too much, finding it difficult to find any real proven quality that will sign so really not sure how things will go this year I've signed a few Irish youngsters who were on Amateur contracts and my new assistant Danny Butterfield has said that the midfielder is ready for the first team and could progress on to League 1 Standard, the centre half I got in has also been tipped to become a leading player at Championship level but not ready to be a regular starter yet . Tried applying for the Bury, Gillingham and Barnsley jobs but none of them were interested or said they weren't prepared to pay the compensation even though my contract was coming up.Favourite result last season is this away win over Wrexham. My striker was then called up to Jamaica, for three games and never played <_<

jeebus.png

2 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

I remember why I never download any graphics packs for this, it is a right ballache. 

Oh, and yeah, I just bought it.

You got graphics from an old FM?

I just used ones from the last game or the one before. Alli looks about 12 on my game.