Football Manager 2017

Lineker

This season is hilarious. My 25 goal a season striker, who I was moaning about getting to sign a new contract, gets a long term injury and puts him out for most of the season. I managed to sign a few good players, players that are much better than Jock League One, a new striker (ex Orient, of course) and he is now tearing up the league. But just to hamstring me the board decide to reduce us down to a semi-pro club. I'm top of the table, won every game except one, still in all the cups... but now I can't offer proper contracts to my good players that will be out of contract at the end of the season, including my captain.

Stupid board.

Incidentally, does anyone else ever just pick a real former player that aren't in the game already as a coach to use as their manager profile? I get bored of seeing my name in there a bunch of times, like if you have success in multiple saves and get in to that hall of fame thing, it's annoying seeing your name in there multiple times. So I pick names like Lizarazu to use as my manager profile :lol: 

Would love a feature where you can just opt to just play as an existing manager within the game or something, like you can play as yourself or choose to play as Mourinho or whoever.

• Like 1

I had something like that happen in one of my more recent saves. I had signed a striker during the offseason, and he failed to impress the first like three games, before he came to me whining about perhaps making a mistake by signing with us. I let him go home to clear his mind, but then my three other strikers all got hurt in the next couple games, before the newcomer decided his butt didn't hurt anymore and was ready to come back.

Looks like West Brom were more interested in kicking the shit out of your team rather than kicking the ball. 

Despite them having 20 fouls and 4 yellow cards, you'll get a press conference question about your physical style of play cause McClean got injured 

My narrow 4-2-3-1 formation is killing it in Jock League One. A targetman with a support duty and a shadow striker are cracking in the goals like no ones business, and an advanced playmaker and an attacking midfielder to support are raking in assists. I just wish I had decent enough wingbacks but they will have to do.

Missing some inside forwards if you ask me. Inside forwards seem well overpowered on all the last few FM's.

I am dominating possession whether I win or lose on this save. Pleasing that if I lose I can still take the Brendan Rodgers high ground because we won the passing.

Also sold Dani Ayala in the summer :( But for £30m :lol: I've brought in 13 players for just £36m. Admittedly a load of them were kids, but still, who has control of the chequebook at Atletico?

17 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Missing some inside forwards if you ask me. Inside forwards seem well overpowered on all the last few FM's.

Its narrow so I'm using three AMC's with the fullbacks for width. I tried a wide 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards but I don't have the wingers for it.

How do the three  attacking midfielders work? In terms of their set role in the formation?

Based on what you said, is it like 

goalkeeper

full back           centre back           centre back           full back

centre midfielder  centre midfielder

attacking midfielder  shadow striker  advanced playmaker

target man

I've never really been able to get much out of narrow formations, so I fully endorse this narrow destruction of Scotland you're carrying out.

Also, I cannot tell if I should keep Adama Traore or not.

VnCxsNZ.jpg

I can't work out if these stats are good or not? On the face of it, for a winger he's not technically or physically too bad, but, even though the game doesn't seem to highlight any of them as important, his mental stats qnfKpIw.png