Football Manager 2017

Lineker

@9 to 5

I did a little nosing about the fantasy draft thing. You can set up a knockout tournament, a mini league or just head to head. And you can do it with AI if you want. You set the amount of money to spend on the draft, something like between 40mil and 250mil, and then you pick players one at a time like you can do in the draft in the MLS. Then you pick your team and get to playing.

The create-a-club thing is just you picking whatever team you want, you can change the name and the colours and all that and then you can replace players in the team as long as you don't go over the original budget. Like, you can take over Arsehole-on-Tweed but you cant sign Messi.

• Like 1

Got Brexit in my Spurs game just as I start my fifth season. Maximum 14 foreigners can be registered, I think. I wonder if, when a player has been in the UK for long enough, they will take UK citizenship? Usually it says "See's no benefit".

Oh, and I click on Hugo Lloris and he has an ambition to win The Community Shield. What, back to back Premier League, FA and League Cup trebles isn't enough? No pleasing some people.

• Like 2

Just noticed something that should be changed in an update. Since having an affiliated club to get a work permit becomes useless depending on what Brexit you get, you should be able to negotiate existing affiliates and state that as a reason. There is no point in me having CSKA Sofia and KAA Gent for work permit reasons, you stupid board.

8 hours ago, Just Ghost said:

If I had a half decent PC/Laptop I'd consider picking up 17 but then I remember the Brexit shit and I'm just not interested at all. 

I quite like it. Makes the game more interesting. What I would like is a winter World Cup, but they've said they wont do it because of the ballache of coding it.

59 minutes ago, MDK said:

I quite like it. Makes the game more interesting. What I would like is a winter World Cup, but they've said they wont do it because of the ballache of coding it.

Which pretty much puts their "we put things in that are likely to happen" bullshit about Brexit down.

Picked back up with Barrow in 2019/20 yesterday. Last time I played our form had dropped, so I decided to move from a flat 4-3-3 to a wide 4-5-1/4-3-3 and moved to a slower tempo (partly because a lot of injuries meant my already short central midfield was decimated so I needed to use less central midfielders, but also because I wanted to try and find something longer term that wouldn't wear said players down when they came back).

It seems to have worked. Just at the end of January last night and the only game we lost in about 15 matches I played during the session was against the league leaders, and even that was a respectable 2-0 loss where we didn't embarrass ourselves, it was just that the better team won. We're set for automatic promotion provided we keep form (either 2nd or 3rd, it's a close race), but we do have to keep form as the top 8 are all very tight.

Also signed another central mid to help with depth, as even though I'm using the wider style of play, the 4-3-3 I was using is very useful for scoring goals, it just leaks them, so keeping it as a useful "we need goals" tactic.

Also signed on for two more years with Barrow, so hopefully I can get promotion this year (first full season in charge after joining and saving them with single a game left last year, this year was expected to be near relegation) and then establish them in League One before continuing my journey to club number three.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

4-3-3 I

Having that extra player must really help

On 01/02/2017 at 09:53, Mad Jack said:

Which pretty much puts their "we put things in that are likely to happen" bullshit about Brexit down.

I would imagine it is an bastard to code in. Maybe they'll add it in eventually.

Harry Kane is an idiot.

"Pay close attention to Harry over the next few weeks, he feels there is a lack of depth in attack and might get unhappy."

Well, then he is a fucking idiot. I play with one up front and Dembele is more than capable of taking over when I rotate. Who do you want me to bring in to take your place, you absolute bell? Plus, what world class striker is going to be bought for £22mil since that is all I have in the bank, you twat.

• Like 2