Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Barrow and Austria 2021/22 and we got a couple of wins with Barrow to start, but unsurprisingly after two promotions we're struggling to get them. Austria went a little better, as we beat Ireland and Andorra 4-1 and 4-0 respectively. We were expected to win anyway, but nice to have a good start. Only loss so far in the groups prior to my arrival was to Italy and that was 1-0 away, so I think we may be able to leave the Euro qualifiers top of the group if all goes to plan in the reply game as we're already ahead by five goals on GD.

The most important query I have with this FM which I think will never get answered is why do all the regens have proper massive foreheads? Like every single one with have a ginormous forehead. 

• Like 1

Southampton youth player is valued at 325k, I offer said amount. They counter with £114m. Okay.

8 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

The most important query I have with this FM which I think will never get answered is why do all the regens have proper massive foreheads? Like every single one with have a ginormous forehead. 

To make all the middle aged FM players feel better about themselves. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

So they can fit all those massive afros on every third player.

• Like 1

Its annoying playing with one striker. I have Kane as main striker and Dembele as rotation/The guy that takes over when Kane is injured or I get pissed off with him, but I also have three or four young forwards that could break into the first team. So I am retraining them as AMC's but I have an abundance of them. 

Could you not make a second formation with 2 strikers?

I've had an eventful january transfer window as I had 200 odd mil to spend due to spending about 14mil on regens and making over 100mil in sales in the summer transfer window plus the money I was given to spend at the start of the season....

Decided to match Man Utd at their own game after they signed Icardi and Gelson Martins for stupid money so I signed Carrasco for 75mil and Donnarumma for 77mil. TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME MOURINHO!!! 

Just finished my 2019/2020 season with Wealdstone. Finished in 4th spot and got knocked out in the playoff SemiFinal 3-2 on aggregate against AFC Telford.
Newport Co. won the league and Wrexham won the playoffs. I just won the Head Coach of the Year award for VNL. Not sure where to go from here.

Do I stay on another season and try for promotion? Try to solidify Wealdstone in the League.
Do I move on to another club? International? Jobs are available at Millwall (Relegated to League One), Fleetwood (League One) & Southend (Relegated to League Two).

Watford, Brighton, Sheff Utd, Shrewsbury, Forest Green, Sutton Utd & Mexico are "Very Insecure" atm.

• Like 1

CHAMPIONS OF AFRICA!!!!!!! :D

Won the AFCON with Senegal after coming 2nd in my group. Beat Ghana and Ethiopia but lost to Morocco.... got past Egypt in the quarters after extra time 3-1 before beating Ivory Coast 2-0 and then Cameroon in the final 2-0 

I've now applied for the Ivory Coast job due to Senegal not advancing to the next round of the World Cup qualifiers prior to me joining and I can't be arsed having nothing to do for another 2 years... :shifty:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

CHAMPIONS OF AFRICA!!!!!!! :D

Won the AFCON with Senegal after coming 2nd in my group. Beat Ghana and Ethiopia but lost to Morocco.... got past Egypt in the quarters after extra time 3-1 before beating Ivory Coast 2-0 and then Cameroon in the final 2-0 

I've now applied for the Ivory Coast job due to Senegal not advancing to the next round of the World Cup qualifiers prior to me joining and I can't be arsed having nothing to do for another 2 years... :shifty:

Pfft, nothing to do? You've got the ultra important African Nations Championships coming up where players you'll totally use outside of this one tournament will be playing. >.>

• Like 1

Decided to take up a National position this season along side my Red Star game. Obviously I took up Serbia (Possibly through nefarious means) and have successfully qualified for the UEFA European Championship thanks to wins over Norway, Bulgaria, Luxembourg and Armenia. I have 6 Red Star players in the current Main Squad with 4 more in the youth ranks.
How important is it to set up friendlies for international teams?

EDIT**

One of the first players to come through my youth system as a Regen has been with me for 15 years.

• Won a Serbian 2nd Division League on loan with Metalac
  • Won 8 Serbian Super League trophies.
  • Multiple Serbian Cup Trophies
  • Won a Europa League Trophy
  • Won a Champions League on loan with Barcelona
  • Won a Liga Satander while on loan with Barcelona.
  • UEFA Nations League with Serbia
  • 2 Tourni Espoirs de Toulon with Serbian U/20s

His short term plans? Wants to win a trophy and is excited at the team's chance in the Super Liga.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 4

On 13/02/2017 at 22:33, Davidmarrio said:

Could you not make a second formation with 2 strikers?

I cant! I tried a 4-1-2-1-2 but I don't like the lack of a proper midfield. I might try a 4-1-3-2. Considering that I don't have or buy any wingers I'm a little limited. 

28 minutes ago, MDK said:

I cant! I tried a 4-1-2-1-2 but I don't like the lack of a proper midfield. I might try a 4-1-3-2. Considering that I don't have or buy any wingers I'm a little limited. 

I have a 4-3-1-2 on the go which seems to work well when I use it. I don't really have an out and out defensive midfielder so the attacking midfielder and the full backs help to provide width. I normally have a complete forward on support  well that helps provide movement and space.  

1 minute ago, Davidmarrio said:

I have a 4-3-1-2 on the go which seems to work well when I use it. I don't really have an out and out defensive midfielder so the attacking midfielder and the full backs help to provide width. I normally have a complete forward on support  well that helps provide movement and space.  

I've just got through the first half of a game playing 4-1-3-2 (1 DM, 3 AM'S, 2 FW) and I'm beating Villa 2-0 only. 

Picked this up about 4 days ago. I just can't find the motivation to get into a game atm. I used to play FM religiously but now I just can't find that spark, that certain little something a lub has to make you go 'Yes! we can do this! We will succeed!'

So, opening up the floor. Suggestions for a first game? Do I start my usual Conference North or South game with 'random mid table team' and see how quickly I can go up the leagues. Perhaps a sunday league unemployed game and see where life takes me?

What have you guys been doing to 'get your mojo back' when playing FM?