Football Manager 2017

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So with just one days gap before a game against title rivals Arsenal in my second season - we're neck and neck basically - I played this team against 16th placed Derby County, but with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Ro Shaun-Williams and Dani Alves starting instead of Lincoln, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Benjamin Henrichs.

Spoiler

kiVhILx.png?1

And this happened and I have no idea why, cos Derby aren't a bad team: 

Spoiler

1iV9S6A.png?1

Also this happened:

yL7mrNb.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 10:28, Rocky said:

I have completed the Sextuple!!

• Super Liga Srbije (W-32 D-4 L-1)
  • Kup Srbije (2-0 vs Javor)
  • Super Kup Srbije (3-1 vs Partizan)
  • UEFA Champions League (2-2 vs Real Madrid. Won on penalties)
  • UEFA Super Cup (1-5 vs FC Bayern)
  • FIFA Club World Cup (5-1 vs Seognam KOR)

On top of that I won Gold at the Olympics with Serbia. On track for World Cup Qualification.

I think I've now won everything I an with this club. I'm also the first club to win consecutive Champions League titles since Milan in the late 80's.
I don't know what to do here. I only ever load up Serbia when I do the Red Star game as I don't plan on leaving the club.
Do I try another Serbian club and bring them up from the bottom? Do I retire from club football all together and focus on International? Still need the Euro Championship and World Cup title.

I am at a loss.

EDIT**
I now have a target for my game. Less club, more personal. I'm going to knock Sir Alex Ferguson off the top of the Worldwide Ranking.
He's currently only a couple of cups and a few trophies ahead of me. Should get it done by season 20 (Currently season17)

This is where I left my last post. Played one season today and let's just copy and paste this...

"I have completed the Sextuple!!

• Super Liga Srbije (W-37 D-1 L-1)
  • Kup Srbije (2-1 vs Partizan)
  • Super Kup Srbije (2-0 vs Javor)
  • UEFA Champions League (1-1 vs FC Bayern. Won on penalties)
  • UEFA Super Cup (5-0 vs FC Bayern)
  • FIFA Club World Cup (3-0 vs Lanus ARG)"

18 consecutive Super Liga Srbije Titles
13 Kup Srbije
16 consecutive Super Kup Srbije
3 consecutive UEFA Champions League Titles
1 Europa League Title
2 consectutive UEFA Super Cups
2 consecutive FIFA Club World Cups
18 Manager of The Season Awards
2032 Olympic Gold Medalist
Qualified for the 2034 World Cup.

I am now the Most Successful Manager of All Time!
Still a list of competitions I would hopefully get to win too. I think I'll complete the "Stay at one club for 20 seasons" achievement then focus on International Football.
Finish that list of then find a new club to aim for the Europa League (Hopefully my time away from Red Star cause them to drop to that level.)

To do list:
FIFA World Cup
FIFA u/20's World Cup
FIFA Confederations Cup
Toulon Tournament
UEFA European Championship
Nations League
Europa League (Club Level)

**EDIT Turns out I had already won the Europa League back in 2025

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

Started a game with Schalke and, man, Bayern are a machine. I'm second to them, 10 points behind. In 17 games, Bayern have won 16 - their only defeat was actually 3-1 at our place.

Meanwhile, we made hard work of a Europa League group including Monaco, Maribor and Astra...

A defeat and a draw with Monaco, a 1-0 away loss to Maribor and 2 wins against Astra, left us needing to beat Maribor at home in game 6 to progress.

Went 1-0 up early, only for them to level just before half time. This meant we needed to score twice to move above them on head to head record. Left it late but scored in the 70th and 78th minutes and held on to scrape through.

Celta Vigo in the next round is a decent draw though and we just smashed third place Gladbach 4-0 away from home going into the winter break. All looking good outside of Bayern.

I quit my job with Serbia after not making it through to the next stage of the Nations Cup. 2 Loses to Spain and 1 draw with Romania doesn't look good when you're ranked Number 3 in the world. I decided to step down and just drill through the next two seasons and finish my 20 years with the club.
I'll probably end the save at that point.
Probably move onto some challenges or International achievements next, that should be a long run.