Football Manager 2017

Lineker

2 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I wonder if right backs will still be the best players on the game, always winning player of the year with their 30 assists a season...

There's a right back waiting on the sides, his name is Matty Joseph and he's only four foot nine

• Admin

How an obsession with Football Manager could earn you a career in the game
Matt Neil started compiling reports for the Football Manager game at the age of 15. After progressing from Truro City to Plymouth Argyle, his work was noticed by the League Two club and he was given a job as one of their football analysts
By Matt Stanger for The Set Pieces, part of the Guardian Sport Network

• Like 1

Jesus Lineker that first post is fucking dreadful. List of features people would like to see? For shame! :P

I'm looking to get a new laptop after my current one produced enough heat to warm my appartment running 3 nations, very slowly on FM2015. The forced year break is probably a good thing, because I'll be super hyped for being able to run this quickly! 

New camera angle, match engine improved.

More stats and analysis.

Social media tab.

64 bit version.

Can now do fantasy draft in a single player format and add ai teams into both versions.

New staff roles and options.

Staff now recommend loan to buy moves if on deadline day there's not enough time to get a transfer done. Transfers in general are now more back and forth.

Instant result option during games.

Some more things that either weren't mentioned or I forgot.

If there isn't an option to call out your own fans on social media whenever they slag off any decisions then I will be disappointed. 

Tbh as long as the match engine is better I'm not really bothered about any of the features.  

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

If there isn't an option to call out your own fans on social media whenever they slag off any decisions then I will be disappointed. 

Give us a "call reporter an ostrich" option too.

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

Tbh as long as the match engine is better I'm not really bothered about any of the features.  

The 3D engine still looks shoddy to me, but it's not an important feature for me as long as the matches themselves work properly. I almost always pick up Football Manager games after the annual March patch anyway, so I'll be taking my usual "wait and see" approach, but I can see myself giving it a go at some stage. I've enjoyed even the worse Championship Manager/Football Manager games, and it would take a lot for me to be put off completely.