Music that is great

Lint

1 minute ago, MDK said:

C'mon, you must have heard Life of Riley on MOTD first, surely?

Good point, I probably did, but I didn't twig until much later on they'd used Life of Riley. A bit like how I didn't realise who sang the song embedded below, used for MOTD's Goal of the Month in 2006-07, until years later when I heard it as part of the album it's on.

The way it went for me, re: Lightning Seeds: I heard Three Lions (liked it at the time, not really now), Marvellous on the Renault advert, and then my dad bought the 'Like You Do' greatest hits cassette tape.

After talking about it in the Metallica thread, I gotta give a shout out to @K for reminding me how great Cypress Hills (Rock) Superstar and (Rap) Superstar songs were

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lint said:

After talking about it in the Metallica thread, I gotta give a shout out to @K for reminding me how great Cypress Hills (Rock) Superstar and (Rap) Superstar songs were

Oh man, I loved the rock part of that twin album. I think there were only six tracks on the rock side of the album but they were fucking awesome. "You Can't Get The Best Of Me" was wicked sick as well. I've always thought that hip hop can be so much better with a band backing them, not just some producer mixing some beats.

But then again...

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 18:39, MDK said:

Oh man, I loved the rock part of that twin album. I think there were only six tracks on the rock side of the album but they were fucking awesome. "You Can't Get The Best Of Me" was wicked sick as well. I've always thought that hip hop can be so much better with a band backing them, not just some producer mixing some beats.

But then again...

Yea, that second song is terrible, but I REALLY like that first song!  Hip hop bands that work in rock tends to work much better then rock bands that work in rap, with a few exceptions.

I've always kinda had a soft spot for this song

Seriously, I was coming in here to post another song, but seeing Kenny Loggins mentioned, I'm now listening to Footloose...

• Like 1

Alright, I chanced it a bit with Kenny Loggins, but how about some Rod Stewart? I mean its worth it just for the video. 

And how can you not like the Four Tops? This song is just brilliant. I can't help myself (heh) for loving this.

Shit quality, but great song

On 10/21/2016 at 12:54, MDK said:

Alright, I chanced it a bit with Kenny Loggins, but how about some Rod Stewart? I mean its worth it just for the video. 

And how can you not like the Four Tops? This song is just brilliant. I can't help myself (heh) for loving this.

I love the Four Tops, I bought an old vinyl of their best of last year. Had that cool "Motown Records" label on it. I really love Motown in general, but I think they're my favorite. Also really like Smokey Robinson and The Miracles and the Marvelletes a lot as well.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 01:58, VerbalRick said:

I love the Four Tops, I bought an old vinyl of their best of last year. Had that cool "Motown Records" label on it. I really love Motown in general, but I think they're my favorite. Also really like Smokey Robinson and The Miracles and the Marvelletes a lot as well.

The Beat did a quality cover of "Tears of a Clown" and it is what I want played at my funeral.

Now that is how you do a ska cover of a song

• Like 1