Music that is great

Lint

34 minutes ago, MDK said:

The Beat did a quality cover of "Tears of a Clown" and it is what I want played at my funeral.

Now that is how you do a ska cover of a song

I'll check it out, and echo the "how you do a ska cover". I'm not big on the ska bands covering cheesy ass 80s one hit wonders

1 minute ago, VerbalRick said:

I'll check it out, and echo the "how you do a ska cover". I'm not big on the ska bands covering cheesy ass 80s one hit wonders

I love it when you get a ska band doing a really, really sad song. Because even when they are singing about something awful, you can't help but bop along to the tune because a trombone can never be sad. And I love any cover of an 80's song as long as it isn't some stupid acoustic twee sounding bollocks face arse soppy sounding shite.

• Like 1

This song was on his debut album in 2008, and he released another album in 2009, but he seems to have just disappeared since then, which is weird, god knows what happened but yeah, I think this song is brilliant. The album in general is really, three songs in a row on this album (beginning with this song) which are just great.

Seriously, that verse starting at around 4:25 or something.  Set a world record for words in a song at over 1500 words in 6 minutes, 9 seconds.  The verse I mentioned has 97 words in 15 seconds!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always had a soft spot for this song, since 10,000 Maniacs cover of it...this also lead to a younger me having a bit of a crush on Natalie Merchant

But I've since learned the song was originally by Bruce Springsteen, but Patti Smith was given the rights and basically re-wrote the song, keeping only the chorus

Honestly, I've always loved Garbage.  I've always thought Shirley Manson  had some very powerful vocals.  Their version, along with the Screaming Females singer/guitarist Marissa Paternoster, combine for some VERY powerful vocals.  Shirley almost gets drown by out Marissa

On 11/10/2016 at 07:18, Lint said:

Seriously, that verse starting at around 4:25 or something.  Set a world record for words in a song at over 1500 words in 6 minutes, 9 seconds.  The verse I mentioned has 97 words in 15 seconds!

I always think that Same Song and Dance is my favourite song of his. And I feel bad that I think his best work was done when he was a mash head, since he has been sober his work hasn't been as good.

Typically I'm not a fan of rap unless it's older but Spotify just gave me a good song.

Oh of course. I mention that it's rap and the Spotify preview version is just the chorus. It's like sharing Airplanes but only the Hayley Williams part.

:lol:

Edited by Kirkland

Think its appropriate that one of the potentially last postings in this thread this year involves David Bowie and Christmas

Next few days I'll probably be posting Christmas songs...deal with it <_<

• 1 month later...

Ya know what?  Fuck it...this song was great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...