NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

Rudy Gobert was five points away from making first team All-NBA. Pretty excited to see him getting the recognition he deserves. Hayward only got 27 points total. I understand the NBA is loaded at small forward but man, thought he would get closer than that.

Not sure about DeAndre over Boogie and KAT.

Also apparently PG and Hayward can't sign 5-year supermax deals with Indy and Utah now that they were left off the All-NBA lists. Don't expect George to stay anyway, but that's gotta influence Hayward in free agency.

Boogie played half a season at one of the worst teams in the west, then the other half with a team that didn't make the playoffs and on which he was second to a better big.

Karl-Anthony Towns is in a small market city that also didn't make the playoffs.

To an extent, yes. It's just honestly surprising considering how many people are fond of KAT. That and it's a bit odd to blame it on being in a small market when Giannis is 2nd Team All-NBA. 

At the end of the day it's mostly arbitrary because it's based on people's opinions, just odd that KAT fell victim to it than anybody else, though I guess the one thing every single player chosen has in common is that their team made the playoffs.

Edited by livid

2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Not sure about DeAndre over Boogie and KAT.

Also apparently PG and Hayward can't sign 5-year supermax deals with Indy and Utah now that they were left off the All-NBA lists. Don't expect George to stay anyway, but that's gotta influence Hayward in free agency.

Current word is the Lakers don't intend to trade the 2nd pick for George, believing they can wait and get him next year.

Hayward losing out on the supermax is pretty significant, and suddenly Boston looks a lot more possible.

If Hayward is only after money, he can still get more by signing with Utah. The big rumor I'm hearing now is him signing a 1+1 for next season, than if he makes an All-NBA team next year, opting out and resigning for the super max. Just a rumor, like I said, or just hope from Jazz fans. I hope it doesn't make a difference to him and he'll resign with Utah for a max deal.

George, on the other hand, I think he's out of Indy no matter what.

You can still get a max contract. But you can't get a super max contract, which is a few million more. And you can only sign a super max with your current team, I believe.

Yeah, sorry, I meant a max contract. But having essentially a players' salary and the future of franchises hinge on what a bunch of sportswriters vote for is ridiculously fucking stupid.

Apparently if you have started in 2 All-Star games you get some added incentive as well! All-Star games! Which fucking fans vote for!

Westbrook and Harden deserve co-MVPs.

I'm more interested in who wins the defensive player of the year. The NBA has had a trend the last few years of being a year late with it. Green deserved it last year over Kawhi. But Gobert deserves it this year. His impact on the defensive end was what lead the Jazz to 51 wins. Green has a big impact for the Warriors but they would be just as good without him. If Gobert doesn't win it, he's robbed.

Gobert also deserves most improved player too, but that might just be my homer side speaking.

Yes. In baseball you could play the best team against the worst team in the league and the worst team could still win four out of ten games. That will never ever happen in the NBA.

Never mind the fact that only ten teams make the playoffs in MLB, whereas you have more than half of the friggin league make it in the NBA.