NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

Warriors-Cavs is quickly becoming a hell of a rivalry, very fun game to watch and Kyrie comes up clutch again. Go Cavs!

Westbrook saying thank you Kyrie as he leaves the court. I love how much the rest of the NBA hates GS now.

Edited by Mofoticon

I fucking hate discussing basketball on Reddit. "Well statistics say what you're saying is false" so you post statistics showing it is in fact true "well anyone can tell you that the eye test says it's false and advance stats are garbage".

Also fuck Thibs still. I have no idea what he's doing now. Aldrich finally starts playing well and hasn't been seen since. Rubio obviously has a sore foot/ankle/knee (isn't putting weight down on his left leg properly), LaVine is averaging something like 40 minutes a game whilst leading the league in miles ran. Then our fanbase shits all over the team when we can't close out. Perhaps we can't fucking close out because our players are fucking exhausted. Perhaps if they each sat an extra 5-10 minutes a game then we wouldn't collapse down the stretch. 

KAT really is supremely lazy though. Wiggins and LaVine being shit on D I can kind of forgive because they look clueless, KAT can do it when he wants to but I'm guessing there is some stat that punishes the nearest defender because if someone is going downhill he refuses to help and contest. 

Overall though I'm actually happier with the team right now (besides the exhaustion). Like we aren't winning every game, but we look like we have the potential to and we aren't running up or giving up 20 point runs.

I just hope to fuck the rumours of Rubio to Philly aren't true. I have no issues jumping teams with him (especially given the Timberwolves fanbase) but I really don't fancy Philly being our destination.

Rajon Rondo has been rumoured to demand a trade if he continues to be benched by the Bulls. Which is just.. Ugh, why does Rondo even try anymore because there's no team out there that puts up with his bullshit anymore. After his trade to the Mavs and subsequent meltdown in the playoffs, he's nuked almost every chance he's gotten.

No playoff team is going to try with him anymore, because he's just such a handful and has such a possession heavy playing style that's no longer relevant in basketball. And besides his passing, he's a complete liability on offense and defense because he simply doesn't try at all.

And every team that's not going for playoffs he probably will exhibit all the symptons he's shown in the past, being a petty and childish player that is just too much of a handful to be worthwhile... Of course, there's probably a team that's willing to toss money at him, but I don't see any teams trading for his contract, so a buyout is the only realistic road for a Chicago team that has made craploads of dumb decisions over the past decade.

At this point, Rondo is better off leaving and going to China to be the man, because he's running out of favors in the NBA.

19 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Edit:  Atlanta would get Mo Williams, Mike Dunleavey and a protected '09-'10 1st rounder.

Atlanta's front office is so terrible they've agreed to a protected draft pick that's ninety some years away. 

Or alternatively:

Atlanta's front office is so terrible they've agreed to a protected draft pick that happened seven years ago!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire said:

Bulls are supposedly open to trading Butler. I would love to see Detroit try for him. I may even consider giving up Drummond....

I'd give up Drummond for Butler. I'd probably be wrong but I'd do it, Butler is much more suited to the current style permeating the league than Drummond.

I like Drummond but he can be lazy in D and is sorta of a moody player when things dont go his way. He's very good but not going to carry a team, Butler may not either but damn can he score. 

We just really need a shake up, the Pistons have no chemistry and look awful. They have talent but don't mesh, play poor D, and play selfish basketball.