NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

I really hope we do well this year. Steven Adams suddenly is our second best player and I love it. I hope he really improves on offense and we lock him down. Westbrook if we make the top 5 for MVP, Durant can fuck off.

Anyone seen Kanter's tweet? He said that Garnett is finally joining his knees who retired 6 years ago. But yeah, with Bosh might be retiring due to health, Kobe, Duncan and Garnett, that's one sick class. 

Adams is becoming more and more like a member of Blue Oyster Cult with every passing season, and well, it's p. glorious.

Also, Paul Pierce has announced that 16/17 will be his final season.

In even more depressing yet slightly heartwarming news. Reports are going around that GM Pat Riley and the Heat are no longer expecting Chris Bosh to return to play again, after failing his medical for blood clots once again. Which either means they'll probably keep him on for the rest of his deal, or Bosh somehow forces a buyout or contract annulment through arbitration. Although I feel Bosh is a smart guy and will take the money and go enjoy an early retirement and spend a healthy life with his family.

Still gutting though, he was nowhere near slowing down abilities wise, and with other legends retiring it just makes this off-season a complete suckfest.

Bosh just fired his agents and has been talking like he doesn't feel supported. So it unfortunately looks like he might defy all logic and try to get out of his contract (his previous agents also have various show biz clients so it isn't like he would have needed to change if he's planning to retire into broadcasting).

I love that Adam Silver meddled to 'fix' the Sixers by installing these absolute dickheads. Nice fucking work. Instead of waiting a year and seeing how the experiment turns out, they decided that this was the best course of action to stop them making the league look bad. I wonder if Dan Gilbert wrote a letter begging Silver to fix it >_>

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Quom said:

Ben Simmons just broke his foot in the last scrimmage of training camp.  

Time for another lottery for the sixers!

Also, the impromptu Wikipedia quote is amazingly brutal.

Simmons rolled his ankle. The Sixers announced later that day that he had broken the fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot and, subsequently, the heart of every 76ers fan in the tri-state area.

I mean it depends if he can play. Tacko Fall is 7'6" with an 8' wing-span and will quite possibly never play an NBA game. It also depends when he came over, what with the whole Biyombo/Maker/Ibaka age controversy thing.  

One of the LAPD detectives investigating the Derrick Rose case was found fatally shot yesterday. There was a call about a suicide attempt, but Whittier's chief of police says it's unclear whether it was a homicide or a suicide at this point.

19 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

One of the LAPD detectives investigating the Derrick Rose case was found fatally shot yesterday. There was a call about a suicide attempt, but Whittier's chief of police says it's unclear whether it was a homicide or a suicide at this point.

Derrick is really going long ways to make sure he remains innocent. :shifty:

Bucks and Bulls swap MCW for Tony Snell. MCW might be better in a vacuum but trading one of our few good 3 point shooters for another nonshooter just makes me want to strangle the Bulls front office as a fan of the team. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Trey said:

Bucks and Bulls swap MCW for Tony Snell. MCW might be better in a vacuum but trading one of our few good 3 point shooters for another nonshooter just makes me want to strangle the Bulls front office as a fan of the team. 

If the starting PG was a shooter, I'd call Snell for former ROTY Carter-Williams a huge win, but yeah I don't get bringing in another PG not known for his perimeter shooting. Snell didn't amount to much, but he could be relied on to shoot. It seems like the Bulls are going to rely solely on McDermott and Mirotic for consistent 3-point shooting.