NBA 2K17

JasonM

That Kemba trade is pretty insane (look whose talking, hehe), especially seeing you retained Exum as a secondary PG. I love me some Kemba, and if you run a lot of (screen) plays you'll give the opponent fits by having two great bigs on the roll, and a bunch of talented spot-up shooters.

Cody Zeller won't set the world alight, but he's 7ft tall (and you can't teach that) and he's got some pretty good athletic stats iirc. And he's laid back, so he won't quickly moan about shit.

Losing Lyles is the most painful part of the trades, but you already have a young core with Favors/Gobert/Zeller/Withey, so it's not a big loss, and he wasn't an unmissable prospect either, he was very much a lesser Favors with the occassional three.

Only problem you've created is a slight logjam at the forward position, but RJ and JJ can be lanky 4's if need be.
Also, you probably need the playoffs now to run a profit, or win enough to sell out every night.

EDIT: Notwitstanding the sensibility of Hornets trading a PG for an SG/SF whilst they already have Batum and MKG. The NBA trade system has always been kinda wank though, so I personally don't really care for the realism of a Kemba trade.

Edited by Jasonmufc

12 minutes ago, Gigan Lars said:

Yeah might have a bit too much SF's but will see how that plays out! Now goal is resigning Hayward and Gobert. I even like Burks! And Yes I have to make the playoffs now. And I have to with a roster like this. 

Well you have to, unless you want to deal with angry Quin '8-Ball' Snyder

UnconsciousVengefulIchneumonfly-size_res

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

I personally use these sliders, at 10 minute quarters. They're still high-scoring affairs, due to the AI being OP inside, but the overall shooting totals have felt the most fair and sensible. Between the 40s and 55s I get FG%, depending on how crazy of a game it is...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball-sliders/890598-thatmichiganfans-nba-2k17-allstar-simulation-sliders.html

Just had a 95-111 loss against the Warriors with this set, and this is how it went... And also the previous game against the 76ers on top of that.

622d7da9c9e5740cb74ee49c67e8ea9a.png6fbdfb0e47ac9038e05109bb46b47cec.png

It's nowhere near perfect, the AI is much more capable on the break and in the paint, but right now this set works the best for me.

• Like 1

Did some more MyCareer, although i'm not yet really into doing games with like a 64 overall player whose supposed to be a top 10 guy. So i'm still mostly grinding and getting my ovr to a decent level that makes sense, before I start playing games.

Learned a bunch of things regarding practices, and improving the attributes you can't improve through spending VC.

Extra practice sessions:
- Go into the side room with the machines, and start doing them all in order of ease and quickness of the drill. There's one +1 to be gained, sometimes it happens on the agility ladder, sometimes on the vertical leap, etc. So get that +1, and then buzz off.
- Do the hand-eye coordination test in the side room, it'll give you +1 Reaction speed once per session.
- (Slightly cheesy) If there's a teammate at the session, you can hold LT+RT (L2+R2) to start a shooting drill. Immediately press start and cancel the drill again, rinse and repeat it for as long as you like and you can get +1's in Draw Foul/Intangibles/Shot IQ. If you're grindy enough, you can max those skills out in one session.
- Of course, get the Doin' work bar full.

Team Practice Sessions:
- Same rules as above apply here... But before you do any of the team drills and whatnot, cancel it all and go to the shootaround at the end (start > cancel team drills). Make sure your doin' work bar is empty, or as empty as possible.
- Go to the free throw line, press the shoot button, and start doing free throw drills... Get bronze every time, not silver, not gold, just bronze. Why? You get a +1 FT for doing the drill, UNTIL your doin' work bar is full, afterwards you can't get anymore. The higher grade on the drill, the quicker the bar fills. So getting only bronze results means you get the most +1's into FT in one session. And seeing you start with a bum-ish ~60 FT, it'll take a while before you get close to a decent attribute, even when tanking.
- After training your FT's, do the same things as in the extra sessions. Equipment drills till you +1, and the hand eye for +1.

MyCourt Doin' Work:
- You need around 100 or so jump-shots MADE to fill out your doin' work meter on your MyCourt. It's simply not worth doing, and it's a boring mind-numbing grind. 3's weigh more than mid-range and so forth, but again, it takes a good 20 minutes to fill that bar, and the only thing you're doing is jump shots.
- IF you have a guest at your MyCourt, like teammates such as Denver Levins, or others that come along at seemingly random dates. You can go into shooting drills (LT+RT during shootaround) and have pick up matches (random?) against them. These fill up your bar significantly faster. So if you got an AI guest, get that bar filled before the next game.
- Sadly, inviting real friends to play pick-up games on MyCourt doesn't count towards your bar... Which is a real shame.

Another thing people might miss out on, accept Coach K's invite AT ALL COSTS. It'll unlock the jumpshot creator for you, else you're pretty SOL.

Coming back to win a strong game at home against Sacramento in the second game of 2017, (first one was suffering a 95-111 blowout to GSW). Won 111-106 down the stretch off the shoulders of Gallo and Wes Matthews shooting near lights out, and Faried continuing to wreck shit.

But very bad news for both sides during the game. Rudy Gay breaks his ankle, 4-6 weeks. Afflalo has a high-right sprain for 6-8 weeks... And the worst news of all, Faried is gonna be gone for 2-4 months after breaking his right ankle. Derailing a stretch where he had 6 double doubles in 7 games and arguably his best basketball of his career.

At best he'll return with a month or so left in the season, at worst he's gone until last into the playoffs. Which is a massive blow for me because Faried brought irreplacable grit to the post.

Sucky news, I got plenty of bigs that could pitch in, but none of them are the Manimal.:(

This is gonna make a potential playoff push even harder than before. (13th in conf, but only 2.5G back from 8th)

• Like 1

Any tips on settings for defensive & offense? It seems like my team will just stand around on both ends of the court unless I physically try to control everyone or they react way too late. I'll post my Fantasy League Laker's roster later on if anyone needs more details before offering advice.

Got a myGM started a couple days back with Brooklyn and after two games Jeremy Lin goes down for 8 weeks. Great, so I'm left with Grevis Vasquez and Randy Foye. Nope! Shin splits for Foye and a game later Vasquez is out for 4 weeks. Smh. 

I managed a close game to start the season against Boston but I can't defend the point for shit with the PG scrap pile I've mounted up. It's been blowout after blowout and I'm like 1-10. 

Besides that though the game itself has been great, from the presentation to the different variations of announcers (aside from C-Web) and the subtle animations on the court. It really is a fun game. 

If anyone really wants to play MyGM and have the full suite of boosts and such available quicker, just start a new save with any team (teams like the Sixers, Wolves are useful for this), and just sim EVERYTHING. Let your coaches handle all the nitty gritty, whilst you simply focus on getting to the deadlines, then make some trades that improve your team/draft, and then sim the rest of the season.

For every game simmed you get 150/200XP towards your MyGM rank, which even at level 30+ will net you a bunch of levels per season.

The best part of this, your MyGM level is permanent across all MyGM saves. So once you did a crazy sim of the next 30 years, your more than ready to get started in a serious save. Or you can keep it up till opening day, grab some opening night rosters, and only then start a 'for reals' MyGM career.

One personal thing I disable in MyGM is all the stat boosts to players that aren't durability and progress. Since once you're super high level and got a lot of stat boosts, you'll see guys like Jimmer Fredette turn into elite players purely by being on the roster. Which might be fun for some, but effectively turns your team into some freaky ultra Spurs that can rebuild on Mr. Irrelevants for eternity.

• Like 1

I'm about to play my first ever MyTeam game. This will also be the first NBA2K game I've ever played as the whole team and not just as my pro. Wish me luck!

I got disconnected, But I was losing 20-6 inside 4 minutes at the time. I like to think the game knew what it was doing when it gave me a 76ers kit. Room for improvement!

Lost my first full game 76-49. I actually was 18-13 up after the first quarter, but his bench consisted of Damien Lillard, Klay Thompson and Lamarcus Aldridge, mine consists of Raul Neto, Chris LeVert and Georgios Papagiannis, so it soon faded away. Also he has Steph Curry who is apparently unable to miss any 3 pointer.