NBA 2K17

JasonM

I feel so much more freedom this year in regards to how your player moves. I've dabbled with MyCareer a bit, but have mostly been playing MyGM with my SuperSonics squad (Lillard, Okafor, Ibaka, Evan Turner, Danny Green, Jennings, Varejao, Thomas Robinson, Ariza and Roberson). The P&R is so much more fun now, and I've had a blast having Dame come off Okafor's screens and nail an off-the-dribble three-pointer. Last year it felt impossible to hit off-the-dribble shots, even with people like Jamal Crawford who excel at those shots at mid range, but this year it feels fluid and fun to do. Basically the freedom, off-the-dribble shots, and new rebounding/tip-in controls are making this my favorite 2K so far.

How did you guys download those sweet 

7 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I feel so much more freedom this year in regards to how your player moves. I've dabbled with MyCareer a bit, but have mostly been playing MyGM with my SuperSonics squad (Lillard, Okafor, Ibaka, Evan Turner, Danny Green, Jennings, Varejao, Thomas Robinson, Ariza and Roberson). The P&R is so much more fun now, and I've had a blast having Dame come off Okafor's screens and nail an off-the-dribble three-pointer. Last year it felt impossible to hit off-the-dribble shots, even with people like Jamal Crawford who excel at those shots at mid range, but this year it feels fluid and fun to do. Basically the freedom, off-the-dribble shots, and new rebounding/tip-in controls are making this my favorite 2K so far.

Okay, 2 questions:

1. How'd you find that awesome Sonics design? It wasn't in the top rated (when I filtered) and when I tried keywords like "Seattle" or "Sonics," nothing showed up. Speaking of that-- how do you know if it's a case of no results or the preview just not yet loading?

2. How'd you get Damian Lillard on the Sonics? :o 

22 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I'm not Tyrone... But here goes.

1: Filter on SuperSonics, that does the trick for me
2: AI makes some funky choices during expansion drafts...

Thanks! I thought the keyword search was broken so I had to sort through tens of pages and still couldn't see that particular design. 

On the topic of expansion drafts... do they always get the 4th pick?

1 hour ago, michgcs said:

Thanks! I thought the keyword search was broken so I had to sort through tens of pages and still couldn't see that particular design. 

On the topic of expansion drafts... do they always get the 4th pick?

I don't know about the pick thing. But another thing to add to the SuperSonics thing, make sure the text on the preview page is case sensitive. I made that mistake and got the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS in my first league >_>

2K had a stream yesterday where they blew 500K MT on buying handler packs, and they drew zero ruby/sapphire cards. So beware that the MyTeam packs are even more ridiculously dodgy this year...

Also I was wondering, what difficulties does everyone play on here? And are you guys using sliders?
Personally have tried to play Superstar, but the AI is stupid good where they give me zero room to get open (both on&off ball) on offense, and on defense they get crazy amounts of open corner threes, open transition threes, and open bigs under the post. 

At the same time when I play on All-Star I blow out all opposition.

13 hours ago, michgcs said:

How did you guys download those sweet 

Okay, 2 questions:

1. How'd you find that awesome Sonics design? It wasn't in the top rated (when I filtered) and when I tried keywords like "Seattle" or "Sonics," nothing showed up. Speaking of that-- how do you know if it's a case of no results or the preview just not yet loading?

2. How'd you get Damian Lillard on the Sonics? :o 

1. Just roamed through the most popular at the time (which was quite a while ago). Just looked it up now by searching "supersonics". On page 97 it showed up, created by pas321. I spotted it because there's a Seattle patch on the left side of the jersey and a pretty big NBA logo on the right like they were styled in the 90s. Not sure if that helps at all. The other team I downloaded was the Kansas City Apaches. Unrelated, but their team consists of KAT, Ben Simmons, Julius Randle, Thon Maker, Marcus Smart and basically every other good rookie/sophmore :P

2. I play MyGM/League regularly sometimes, but most of the time I play with Fantasy Draft on, meaning the entire game roster is drafted to (likely) new teams. I just find it really fun to see where everyone winds up. I as the Sonics got the 11th pick and since I put the draft as fixed, I got to pick Lillard, then Okafor, Ibaka, so on and so forth.

Thanks for the help, guys! I found it (or a version that looks like it as the one I downloaded didn't have any patch) and started a Seattle Supersonics expansion team. As usual, I got the 4th pick (I'm pretty sure now that it's constant as we don't even join the lottery) and my head coach is... the recently-retired Tim Duncan! 

5 hours ago, Tyrone said:

2. I play MyGM/League regularly sometimes, but most of the time I play with Fantasy Draft on, meaning the entire game roster is drafted to (likely) new teams. I just find it really fun to see where everyone winds up. I as the Sonics got the 11th pick and since I put the draft as fixed, I got to pick Lillard, then Okafor, Ibaka, so on and so forth.

Yeah, I enjoy the fantasy draft a lot, too. I often find that it's the drafting process that excites me and that I barely get to finish fine-tuning the roster before I feel the urge to start a new one again LOL

There's a guy in my first season's draft class with a listed height of 7'5 and a wingspan of 8'5(!!!). The thing is, he's rated amongst the worst players of the draft class.

Despite having Nurkic, Jokic, Faried, and Hernangomez. I am very inclined in either getting the worst pick and turning him from Mr. Irrelevant to a servicable guy... Or sign him after the fact.

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Sign him and D-League that foo'.

No D-League in the game sadly enough. I'd love it if they would return that feature, but with the way the D-League is changing to a full blown farm-esque system that would be ''too powerful'' for the player, probably... But it would be a nice re-feature, even if the teams themselves weren't in and you could just designate two players on your roster to sit in the D-League and have some stats be generated.

Right now I personally give my fringe youth players (Like Hernangomez) a few minutes per game so they get a boost to their progression.

I just had what is easily, by far, the most frustrating game of NBA ever in the history of playing this game.

The game was fully committed to have me lose by a large margin, despite Faried having a 23/22/3 game (Yes, that's 22 fucking rebounds, 11 of which offensive).

caeca334575e1307b844d23b16a8e386.jpg

604438feea6def945a06797125f65982.png

97d33cb939d56c217b1626166436569a.png

Complete with Bender getting magic blocks, my players being unable to not get blocked despite being 7 fucking foot tall. And Alex Len and Tyson Chandler becoming the second coming of Stockton in the passing lanes, getting magic steals just to fucking spite me.

I'm just so massively pissed right now, I felt like throwing my controller out of the window in anger. Because it didn't matter how well I was playing, the game was just making sure that they were gonna be dropping everything the moment I even got a little bit close to catching up. Or having my defenders faff about and allowing easy runs to the basket for layups.

Or simply making every jump shooter on my team turn into Andre Drummond, effectively forcing me to play inside or not play at all.

I really need to go punch something right now...

Yeah, there are games that are just rigged against you.  You'll get quarters where your opponents FG% jumps up to nearly 70%, regardless of the defense you're playing.  Then they start getting blocks and steals left and right.  From an outside perspective I can respect that the game randomly scales in difficulty, because you should have challenges and it should be hard to win every game.  But while its happening to me, this game is a rigged piece of shit and should burn in hell forever.

Been this way since they introduced Clutch Factor, which you used to be able to turn off. 

• Like 1