NBA 2K17

JasonM

12 minutes ago, Lj. said:

Is there a way to get your team more active in MyCareer? Something in the settings perhaps? Get a little tired of my team making dumb plays or just standing still on both Offense/Defense.

offensive playcalling to auto is a MUST if you're not a shot creator or point guard. Also enable full playvision, because even if no play is called there are sets being run that might need your input.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'm about to play my first ever MyTeam game. This will also be the first NBA2K game I've ever played as the whole team and not just as my pro. Wish me luck!

I got disconnected, But I was losing 20-6 inside 4 minutes at the time. I like to think the game knew what it was doing when it gave me a 76ers kit. Room for improvement!

Lost my first full game 76-49. I actually was 18-13 up after the first quarter, but his bench consisted of Damien Lillard, Klay Thompson and Lamarcus Aldridge, mine consists of Raul Neto, Chris LeVert and Georgios Papagiannis, so it soon faded away. Also he has Steph Curry who is apparently unable to miss any 3 pointer.

I got lucky with 2 ruby Jazz Deron Williams. Got me enough coins to complete the historic Jazz collection to give me a 95 rated SF who I never heard about. 

And yeah. You should play domination and the weekly challenges first to build your team up.

9 hours ago, Lj. said:

Perfect! I've messed around with MyLeague's setting, but had no idea MyCareer would need some tweaking too. Makes sense though, thank you.

No problem, pretty sure you can even add sliders to MyCareer to make it a bit better balanced. Or maybe that was only last year, I haven't really checked yet.

Does anyone else have games where no matter if you're taking B+ shots or better you still can't hit a shot outside of the paint to save your life? I just had the most frustrating game I think I've ever played

• 2 months later...

Started a MYGM as GM of the St Louis Sound (and added the Supersonic back) and managed not only to sign Clarkson/DeRozan/Fournier (all rather pricey contracts but you gotta pay extra when you're bad it seems) but was lucky enough to have Ingram fall all the way to #4. Those four plus the white dude from the Celtics whose name I can't spell but is a big who can shoot threes has been a great starting 5. I love how much there is in this game, I just wish there was a way to Sim a season faster. 

3 hours ago, Trey said:

That would be correct. My team defense is atrocious though so I might try and package the Magic pick I have which should be top 5 and either Clarkson or Fournier for a legit number 2 option behind DeMar.

You'd be foolish to do away with Fournier, dude's a beast when you get the timing down.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if too many folks are getting it, but 2K is hardselling the VC sale so much that it literally replaces every single ad banner in the game with a pop-up for it. Really makes me want to not play for the week until it's gone.