Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I probably tried to rush through it to quick because I don’t really have any of these silly stories. There was the time I was attempting to diffuse a situation and accidentally grabbed the guy, put my gun under his chin and shot him. Then because I was already wanted, I shot his too buddies too.

That’s about it.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally ran over a dog with a carriage I was selling. I picked up the dog to try and hide it but a guy saw me running away with it so I got charged with animal cruelty. 

I’ve been a horrible asshole and have accomplished nothing. I hog tie mother fuckers and toss them off cliffs. I am planning on lighting a stick of dynamite in a bar. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot find a western Bull Moose anywhere. I've tried all the recommended spots countless times yet I have seen only one. I didn't even get to study it or track it, let alone shoot as I was attacked by a grizzly as soon as I came across it <_<

In online, I find mooseseseseses about 75% of the time in the far NE corner of the map, north of Brandywine Drop, just south of that waterfall, north of those train tracks, just on the east side of that water.

Earlier today, I was hunting not far north of Owanjila at night. I hear howling and the map gets red at the edge. So wolves are coming, cool. I’m used to quickly taking down all two or three pretty quick.

There was EIGHT. EIGHT GODDAMN WOLVES. I survived just fine, but definitely got bucked then bit a couple of times before I killed them all. The eight skinned carcasses ended up all lined up in the light of day and it was quite a sight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the game by completing the Epilogue. Bought this game at Christmas, it's been brilliant and probably the best game I ever played. For a game to move me emotionally on multiple occasions is insane, the way they have layered a complex, compelling story into probably the pinnacle of open-world platform gameplay is a tremendous achievement.

Credits spoiler and question:

Spoiler

I got a lump in my throat twice...in the credits! The pan to reveal Mary at Arthur's grave was the first hit, then the eagle flying ahead of Rains Fall. I loved his character, came fairly late into the game but had a big effect on Arthur's redemptive arc.

I know not all the scenes in the credits were of significance, but I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on the one where a man's corpse is being pecked by vultures in the cactus-laden desert? The setting seemed reminiscent of RDR1 but I don't know if it was meant to be a nod to someone or thing, only other thing in that scene was a church or shack in the distance. I couldn't find anything online about it.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I finally finished the game by completing the Epilogue. Bought this game at Christmas, it's been brilliant and probably the best game I ever played. For a game to move me emotionally on multiple occasions is insane, the way they have layered a complex, compelling story into probably the pinnacle of open-world platform gameplay is a tremendous achievement.

Credits spoiler and question:

Hide contents

I got a lump in my throat twice...in the credits! The pan to reveal Mary at Arthur's grave was the first hit, then the eagle flying ahead of Rains Fall. I loved his character, came fairly late into the game but had a big effect on Arthur's redemptive arc.

I know not all the scenes in the credits were of significance, but I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on the one where a man's corpse is being pecked by vultures in the cactus-laden desert? The setting seemed reminiscent of RDR1 but I don't know if it was meant to be a nod to someone or thing, only other thing in that scene was a church or shack in the distance. I couldn't find anything online about it.

in regards to the spoiler

Spoiler

All I know is that it is the church outside of Armadillo. Whether or not it's meant to signify the plague in the town or not, I'm not sure.

• Thanks 1

I made it to Chapter 3, really cool story so far. The missions are fun and I feel like I have a good grasp of the controls. 

So far I really like Charles, Lenny, and of course Arthur. Micah is scum 

I really think I favor my revolver more than anything.  The bow arrow is actually really well done also, that is a lot of fun. 

I haven't donated much to camp this time. I always supply the camp with fresh carcasses and items of value. But I'm sitt6on 800 bucks and a gold ingot I want to sell.

Oh and Dutch, he's obviously a manipulator but has a sort Bill the Butcher charm. A bad guy you can't help but dig.

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I made it to Chapter 3, really cool story so far. The missions are fun and I feel like I have a good grasp of the controls. 

So far I really like Charles, Lenny, and of course Arthur. Micah is scum 

I really think I favor my revolver more than anything.  The bow arrow is actually really well done also, that is a lot of fun. 

I haven't donated much to camp this time. I always supply the camp with fresh carcasses and items of value. But I'm sitt6on 800 bucks and a gold ingot I want to sell.

Oh and Dutch, he's obviously a manipulator but has a sort Bill the Butcher charm. A bad guy you can't help but dig.

Just as a general heads up, Chapter 3 would be the perfect time to start doing more side quests, hunting and all the fun quirky things before progressing further. 

• Like 4

Sometimes when you're a dick you get what you deserve. So sometimes I turn off auto save so I can cause holy terror without messing up my story.  

I lassoed a guy and was planning on throwing him off a cliff. So I get to the cliff and I slip, both of us fall to our death. Nicely done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use perfect pelts for the trapper until I dont need the specific one and everything else I give to the camp. Online, I just sell the carcass whole. You only make about 50¢ more if you skin them and sell every part you obtained.

2 minutes ago, Josh Marenghi said:

I always skin, since it gives you room to carry a lot more in your horse.

Yeah, and keep one carcass or large hide, and have a second horse follow you for even more storage.

I often travel with two horses, typically taking one from some dick that starts mouthing.