Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

1 hour ago, Ace said:

And you can get your hat back the moment you're on your horse again anyway.

Also, you can travel quicker with cinematic mode and a waypoint.

How do I get my hat back? So if I just set cinematic mode it will automatically go to my waypoint or do I still have to do something?

Hats are on the 'Horse' section of the item wheel you can pull up by holding left trigger when you're on your horse and cinematic mode will travel automatically.

I don't know why I'm laughing so much at this I was just doing.

Deliberately charging in to him and Morgan saying "Out of the way please" and shit is just making me laugh far too much though. Also swanky floating gun in there.

This might actually be my new favourite thing, it's making me laugh I think a bit disproportionately to how much I should be laughing. I'm amazed how much I was able to get away with here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

How do I get my hat back? So if I just set cinematic mode it will automatically go to my waypoint or do I still have to do something?

Press L1 to bring up the horse menu (the one with the guns, items etc).  Press R1 to scroll to the third tab.  The lower right option says something like "Arthurs Hat".  You can also scroll through whatever other hats you might have (This is how I've been doing my hat collection)

More or less.  You'll have to press X to set a speed for the horse, but once you do that the traveling will be done in real time, ie its not "fast travel" but "interaction free travel".  You still risk getting attacked, having the random events happen etc...so you'll have to pay attention if you want to take part in those.

Apparently the companion app is really useful

• Like 2

My pinnacle moment so far is returning a stolen horse but running a guy over with it while doing so. Simultaneously had the law after me while another guy was thanking me.

• Like 1

I took my first bounty mission.... except my horse was back in camp and I couldn't whistle for him. So I yelled at a guy on a horse until he shot at me, I killed him (self defense!) and his horse ran off. Except someone reported me for murder. So I run from the law. Then I see a sheep...I thought it was wild and murdered it. Reported for animal cruelty. So now I am being chased by the police...killed a few of them.

I ended up with a $170 bounty on my way to collect $50. Worth it. 

Went looking for the white bison. Sure a white horse like Dutch's. Went to get horse. Saw bison. Hunted and killed bison. Can't find the white horse 😔

Went to Saint Denis and used the trapper for the bison. Going all the way back to the snowy mountains for that horse 😒

I wish they'd let you go to New Austin wherever you want. I'm assuming it's tied to story stuff or something but I want to explore the desert ffs. I tried boating across the big lake earlier but I hit a certain point and the boat just randomly started sinking, then Arthur just jumped out by himself and drowned.