Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm just going to skip the horse chase mission for now. I helped the Reverend at Poker which was kinda fun and I found out I could change it so I don't have to do rapid button presses which I can't do. There is fun to be found here but some of it just makes me so mad

I spent way too long playing poker yesterday. But why?! There is no money to be won that way!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm just going to skip the horse chase mission for now. I helped the Reverend at Poker which was kinda fun and I found out I could change it so I don't have to do rapid button presses which I can't do. There is fun to be found here but some of it just makes me so mad

To be fair, I failed that mission a couple of times before I realised that it's sort of rubber-banded, so you don't have to chase him at full gallop and you can take shortcuts, stay close to the house on the right side as he goes through the field and over the fences, mission is nearly done at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Is there a way to know which missions move the main story forward and which ones are side missions? Like I don't want to move the main story forward at all yet

Also how do I put my hat on again?

Hat is in the horse menu while riding. 

Story missions are the yellow missions 

New ones won't pop up until the current lot have cleared. Everything else is on the side

• Like 1

I've played for.. longer than I'd like to note at this point, and I've barely done the little things like clean your gun, etc. A lot of it that seems stressful (like bringing stuff to camp) really isn't all that much once you get used to doing it and see that it doesn't effect much if you fail to do it.

I love that the game knows the difference between defending yourself in a fist fight, and then looting a body after the fact - and just starting a fight for no reason. Defusing situations that could go bad or working them in your favour - that's something that barely any other game has done and it's the reason why I am so into this game.

Anyone been around Rhodes much?

I heard someone shouting from behind the gunsmiths so I pop round and it's some weirdo in a sailor suit, chained to a bed in the basement calling for help. Turns out the smiths been keeping him against his will so I release the poor guy and hear the tale of sorrow behind it. I walk away, not even stealing any of the merch upstairs, yet get a bounty on me anyway.

Doesn't seem to really be any downsides to surrendering so far but still annoying.

So proud of myself! Whist messing around I found a treasure from one of the maps I have. Wasn't even looking for it but riding along did make me stumble upon a very familiar looking waterfall. After some trial and error I eventually found it and the next part of the High Stakes treasure map. Pretty sure I know where that is too!

I was convinced I would have to look up a guide for every single one of these maps....

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

Anyone been around Rhodes much?

Hide contents

I heard someone shouting from behind the gunsmiths so I pop round and it's some weirdo in a sailor suit, chained to a bed in the basement calling for help. Turns out the smiths been keeping him against his will so I release the poor guy and hear the tale of sorrow behind it. I walk away, not even stealing any of the merch upstairs, yet get a bounty on me anyway.

Doesn't seem to really be any downsides to surrendering so far but still annoying.

Oohhh...if you hadn't bought it yet, you could get a Lancaster repeating rifle down there by looting

I'm fine if I know it's coming but I have literally never once survived a gunfight that surprised me. It makes sense in theory but damn it can be frustrating. Stupid O'Driscolls :( 

I did let a war vet hug me though :P And also my good deeds have resulted in a discount at all stores! :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I found some weird guy on the side of the road yesterday, was apparently blind, but I’m inherently distrustful of everyone who stops me on the road, so I aimed my gun at him and he didn’t react, on account of the now confirmed blindness. Nice. Here’s your dollar, buddy.

I always donate to the beggars. It's the only nice thing I do in-game (non-mission related). In saying that,  I do it very selfishly because they tend to be solid forms of information for robberies etc. 

7 hours ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

Yeah the Polish guy was just... yeah. Didn't enjoy that.

When he’s standing in front of the drawer and you push him out the way and there’s a wedding ring inside 

:crying: I just closed it and picked up other stuff around the place to cover the debt.

4 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Hide contents

When he’s standing in front of the drawer and you push him out the way and there’s a wedding ring inside 

:crying: I just closed it and picked up other stuff around the place to cover the debt.

It got worse. Beating people who literally have nothing to give you is not fun. Great story telling, not fun.