Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

49 minutes ago, King Ghidorah Ellis said:

Everyone knows Kaney is just itching to buy a PS4 so he can shoot Ollie's horse again and again.

What? I told you, I thought it was a zombie.

• Like 2

I guess we might know in two days, but I hope this is completely different characters.  The teaser image looks like Marston, Williamson, Dutch etc., but I'd much rather get a new batch of characters to play as.  We already know the story of Marston and his gang, and as much as I love the character, so give us something new.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

You know a story of Marston and his gang, there's still plenty to tell if you're a half decent story teller. I have faith in R* to deliver, they've never let me down yet.

Oh for sure, so do I. I have my preference, but either way I will definitely be picking this up on release day. Awesome news.

Because not every story has a happy ending.

I can't wait for RD:O, cruising through the Wild West on my horse, throwing sticky dynamite at randoms and being divebombed by some passive mode arsehole flying a chromed out eagle... :shifty:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I can't wait for RD:O, cruising through the Wild West on my horse, throwing sticky dynamite at randoms and being divebombed by some passive mode arsehole flying a chromed out eagle... :shifty:

I am perfectly happy to read a book with a sad ending or watch a sad movie. I am not happy putting in however many hours that game took overcoming so much bullshit just to have the game go "nah fuck you buddy".

16 minutes ago, Gazz said:

"You killed xXxXx___Sn1p£rEl!t3SSJ420___xXxXx's horse. You have been banished to the naughty kids server for 6 hours."

• Like 2

I think it's understandable to have different expectations for video game endings vs. film, tv, novel endings. I thought RDR's was executed really well, with a good thematic point to it so I didn't feel cheated, but I definitely had a moment of "oh, come on" as it was happening. It's a more active form of involvement than the others, so mileage can vary for that reason.

• Like 1

It's the different amount of time invested. Plus you don't get stuck on a certain spot in the middle of a movie or book and have to take multiple tries and maybe hours to get past that part.

The ending was well executed and all but when I spend so much time overcoming something I want the reward for overcoming it.

• Like 1

I mean, I agree with you, your opinion is yours and I'm not trying to argue that, but from another perspective - in games I find the reward is the journey itself. The sense of personal achievement is what keeps me going in most games.

Again though, that could just be me. You are entirely fine enjoying games how you enjoy them, this is about feelings not facts, so there is no "right" answer.

• Like 2

This game would likely be the tipping point to actually making me want to get a PS4. Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight are the only current gen exclusives I'm actually interested in after the underwhelming nature of Battlefront and No Man's Sky.

12 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

It's the different amount of time invested. Plus you don't get stuck on a certain spot in the middle of a movie or book and have to take multiple tries and maybe hours to get past that part.

The ending was well executed and all but when I spend so much time overcoming something I want the reward for overcoming it.

Is it the time, or is it the fact that you're in control in the game? You put in 40 hours where you're in gunfights avoiding death while you're controlling him, only to have that control taken away for that one moment and the game effectively beats you? I can really see your point, but games are so cinematic these days they all end up using cut scenes to deliver the emotional punch at the end. I enjoyed it but couldn't really be arsed with the post death bits, seemed odd that barely anything had changed in 10-15 years.

It's silly, but I constantly forget how relatively 'modern' the wild west period is. It feels really historical but if Marston took a boat east he could be watching Newcastle United...

• Like 1