Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

10 minutes ago, Saladin777 said:

Bear with me. This gets a little...out there.

I approached a shack and met one Francis Sinclair. Fast talking guy with red hair and a distinctive birthmark on his right eye. He used a lot of interesting slang Arthur had no idea about. The gist is he was lost and needed to find some interesting rock carvings. For a puzzle or some such. Francis was an interesting duck so I figured I'd give it a go during my travels. I was avoiding the main storyline like the plague regardless.

After a little doing I find'em all and send the locations via the post office. A little while later Francis sends a correspondence telling Arthur he's pieced something together and wanted him to hurry as he was traveling and didn't want to miss him. Arthur arrives and...

Reveal hidden contents

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE LOOKED FOR AGES AND WE CAN'T FIND A SINGLE ONE.

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I just stumbled upon the guy chained up in the basement of the gun shop. I want to help this dude but I don't want to fuck up my standing with the town. What do I do?

That's an illicit business - so now that you know about it, you can rob the store with zero repercussions. When you highlight the owner, now you'll have the pull out weapon prompt and you can have the scene play out without anyone on the outside knowing about it. This has happened for all the illicit businesses I robbed EXCEPT for the one in Valentine which gets the law on you pretty much instantly. Normally you get a tip from someone you save but then you also have to go and do something like try to get access to the backroom, etc - and THEN you'll have an extra option when robbing. In regards to this;

I killed the shop owner by overzealously knocking him out and stuff - but when I left, the dude was dead for sure. Next time I roll into town the shop is open again.. and he's behind the counter telling me "I'm watching you close... I know what you did" because I stole some ammo on my way out of the store. 

:shifty:

I fucked up BAD

Spoiler

The kid asked me to shoot the chain off and apparently I missed and the kid died instantly. The shop keep screamed "No! Not again!" which made the whole thing even more creepy if possible. He begged me not to kill him but I couldn't let that go on so I shot him which dinged my reputation for some dumb reason. Anyway I swiped a sweet rifle and all the money out of the register too because if I'm going to get dinged I am going to earn it damn it! :P 

So I left and nothing seems wrong. Should I be worried the law will be after me or am I good outside of that slight reputation drop?

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I fucked up BAD

Hide contents

The kid asked me to shoot the chain off and apparently I missed and the kid died instantly. The shop keep screamed "No! Not again!" which made the whole thing even more creepy if possible. He begged me not to kill him but I couldn't let that go on so I shot him which dinged my reputation for some dumb reason. Anyway I swiped a sweet rifle and all the money out of the register too because if I'm going to get dinged I am going to earn it damn it! :P 

So I left and nothing seems wrong. Should I be worried the law will be after me or am I good outside of that slight reputation drop?

You should be fine, nothing came of it for me. It only pops off in Valentine because a pretty much unavoidable gun fight happens in a small room. In Saint Denis, I got sent up three flights of stairs, etc.

I like that you get good points for shooting up Klan members.

I was watching their meeting. Their newest member was lighting the cross on fire and he burnt his robe and died, then I laid into some of them with a shotgun. On one of the members I found a 'Minutes for the meeting', which was a pretty funny read. My favorite? Less flammable robes.

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Anyone find the dismembered bodies?

I've only found 2 of the clues so far. I want to solve this mystery!

I've found one by a big ass random tree then forgot about it. Now I want to go back to try track down the rest.

51 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I finally set my PS4 Pro up for this game, after leaving it sat in the box for far too long, game looks fucking glorious. 

Also, since I'm pissing about after going back to an old save in Chapter 4, doing more exploring and points of interest, my Arthur has gone full Luke Harper.

jTGxTvP.jpg

WHAAAT I literally just found that mask too.

Robbing banks is a very lucrative business. Who knew? :P 

Also I forgot but can you accidentally miss some of the story missions if you go out of order? Because John and Hosea were at the houses of the feuding families and I assumed they would move the story too far forward if I did their stuff so I did a mission for Dutch and now the other 2 disappeared :( 

Nevermind. I turned the game back on and the John mission is back again so I'll do that one

6 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Robbing banks is a very lucrative business. Who knew? :P 

Also I forgot but can you accidentally miss some of the story missions if you go out of order? Because John and Hosea were at the houses of the feuding families and I assumed they would move the story too far forward if I did their stuff so I did a mission for Dutch and now the other 2 disappeared :( 

Nevermind. I turned the game back on and the John mission is back again so I'll do that one

Some missions are time based.  Some can only be done during the day, others during the night