Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

Tell you what Red Dead is missing. One of those guns you can just suddenly spring from your sleeve in to your hand for the ultimate sudden kill.

Like Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained.

Django+Unchained.gif

Also I currently have a bounty in Lemoyne for $1.50. The 50 cents I think is for running away, so in Saint Denis they value the life of the man I killed at $1. Tough break. 

I marathoned through the last chapter tonight. 

Spoiler

Fuck.

I really, really liked Arthur and honestly couldn't give too much of a crap about John all that much. I'm kind of crushed - the first few chapters were amazing, but everything after the bank job goes bad just fucking sucked the air out of it all. Such is the point but.. fuck. I wish I just did everything I could in Chapters 1 and 2 and left it at that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I think I'm almost done with Saint Denis. That's not the end is it? The game is kinda framing it like it might be and I have a lot more I want to do. Does the game make it clear where the point of no return is?

I believe there are six chapters to the main story.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I think I'm almost done with Saint Denis. That's not the end is it? The game is kinda framing it like it might be and I have a lot more I want to do. Does the game make it clear where the point of no return is?

There are 6 main story chapters and 2 epilogue chapters.  You can still do everything you missed in the main story in the epilogue

• Like 1

Are they time restricted? I haven't touched them either but I'm still on chapter 3. I hate the thought of locking out missions cos you accidentally start one that advances the story too much.

Just casually strolling thru saint denis and decided to take a short cut over a two foot wall, oh hey theres now a guy accusing me of trespassing and running off to let the sheriff know, so i slow him down and then am accused of robbery by another guy, who is now on his way to the sheriff, so i chase after him and ultimately this leads to me being chased by the whole law enforcement towards the train tracks, having to take out enforcers before highjacking a train to escape, some of them jump on the track to stop but crazily a full speed train isnt stopped by a man and a horse so more of them dead, finally i get away with a $200 bounty and jump out the moving train and hide in a hut until the issues pass.

That was an unexpected 15-20 minute excursion from just wanting to take a quick cut thru to my destination

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaney said:

Are they time restricted? I haven't touched them either but I'm still on chapter 3. I hate the thought of locking out missions cos you accidentally start one that advances the story too much.

From what I've gathered with little research to back it up, the missions that advance the story are highlighted in yellow versus side missions being highlighted in white on the map.

8 hours ago, Kaney said:

I'm not sure, but I just got to chapter 3 and one of the girls in camp was talking about wishing we'd robbed the bank in Valentine, so I'm not sure. I know I missed chances to rob a house and go fishing with Javier, so I kinda want to go back and do that.

1 hour ago, LL. said:

From what I've gathered with little research to back it up, the missions that advance the story are highlighted in yellow versus side missions being highlighted in white on the map.

Yeah, I think this is right.

Chapter 4 and 5

Spoiler

Planned on going on last night to finish off Chapter 4, but after the bank job in Rhodes went tits up and I ended up shipwrecked on that island, I wanted to get back to the mainland before coming off.

3 hours later... 🤔🤔

Left it at the part where everyone has regrouped in a little camp (minus Lenny and Hosea) and we have to get John back. I'll either proceed with the missions that are on my map next, or have a bit of a clean-up of the stranger missions that I started but didn't finish.

The thing with stranger missions is that you need to kind of not finish one and rush in to the next main mission think it's fine now, because a lot of them are multi-part and you finish one but the next part isn't necessarily immediately available until you sleep for a day or something, or a day just passes.