Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

Aside from not having to set it up every time to join a session and the increased capacity, are there any other benefits to buying the persistent posse?

I'll probably hold on to the cash I do have for a while as it's not easy to come by, and the looting of buildings is nowhere near as generous as offline for items.

I've noticed the horse stamina just refuses to get any better, too. Mine improved quickly offline but it's not going anywhere online.

21 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Aside from not having to set it up every time to join a session and the increased capacity, are there any other benefits to buying the persistent posse?

I'll probably hold on to the cash I do have for a while as it's not easy to come by, and the looting of buildings is nowhere near as generous as offline for items.

I've noticed the horse stamina just refuses to get any better, too. Mine improved quickly offline but it's not going anywhere online.

See, you'll need to pay $20 for the horse stamina pack.  That'll give you a slightly better stamina increase, plus 1 revival tonic and 1 oatcake

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I will probably switch to the pre order horse that you get for free in the stable as I'm assuming it'll be better than the one you get from the intro mission. I take it I can buy the stamina pack from the catalogue? 

Umm...the Stamina pack was a joke?  Based off Rockstar's tendency to base everything off microtransactions

2 hours ago, Rocky Feller Picture Show said:

My favourite stranger missions in Online are the bounties. Whether I'm the hunter or hunted, it's interesting. I recommend pump action shotgun if you're in hiding and they need close quarters to get you. It's interesting watching them come at you and be tactical with flanking and distractions. I'm enjoying it so far. Only had a two man posse so far but the rest of guys from work will be joining in tomorrow night so hopefully I have the $200 to set up the permanent "Peachs Posse (It's pronounced PESH)". Yes. That's the whole name if I can have it.

Just FYI, there's a good chance beta progression won't carry over into the full launch.

9 hours ago, Lint said:

Hide contents

He wasn't in RDR1.  As you do the epilogue missions you'll wind up hunting Micah down and killing him.  Also, don't make mistake I did and skip the credits, there is a scene there that I missed

By 'a scene' I think you mean, like 20 scenes.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

I will probably switch to the pre order horse that you get for free in the stable as I'm assuming it'll be better than the one you get from the intro mission. I take it I can buy the stamina pack from the catalogue? 

Don't do it. 5 gold bars to insure the bastard. So while you can just replace him every time he dies, making progress on bonding is out the window.

I am getting ready to restart online for the 3rd time because of that. Also because I left my repeater on the broken nag when I stole the second horse and I obviously can't afford to buy another one.

I have to think these prices will change, or this game will be dead in the water when everyone's characters are starving and have no ammo.

Edited by Blehschmidt

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

Just FYI, there's a good chance beta progression won't carry over into the full launch.

True, but I can play as a posse now then restart or not play as a posse and restart. Either way,  it all gets cleared. 

From what I've read Beta is looking more like a long term thing. Though this was prior to onlines release. 

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Epilogue

Hide contents

I was expecting this to be short. There is like a whole extra game here! And I love the concept of it too starting my own ranch

Spoiler

It's great lead in to the first game. Watching the credits scene afterwards ties it all together very well.

• Like 1

Endgame question (Before Epilogue)

Spoiler

I chose to help John escape and left the money behind. Does it end any differently if you go for the money? I just didn't feel like that was me based on all the growth Arthur had before the end. But if there is a different ending I'll do it if I ever play this again

50 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, there is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Hide contents

I chose to help John escape and left the money behind. Does it end any differently if you go for the money? I just didn't feel like that was me based on all the growth Arthur had before the end. But if there is a different ending I'll do it if I ever play this again

Which end of Chapter 6 did you get? 

4 minutes ago, Lint said:

Which end of Chapter 6 did you get? 

Is that the end right before the epilogue? If so

Spoiler

I helped John escape and stayed behind then as I was fighting off the Pinkertons Micah jumped me. We had a huge fight and as I was crawling for a gun Dutch stepped on my hand. I guess I convinced him about Micah because he let me take the gun and he just backed away and left. Micah ran away and I died peacefully looking at a nice landscape

• Like 2