Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

5 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I can never do it but if you're just like a huge dick the whole game and don't help anybody does that change the end?

Yes

After the fight, Micah says him and Arthur aren't all that different.  He then shoots Arthur in the head.

Yeah...

If you go with John but have bad honor, I think it's similar but at the end Micah just shoots Arthur in the head then leaves. If you go back for the money Micah stabs you and then I think finishes you off and you're just left face down with a knife in the back. I'm fairly certain the ending I got, which is the same as you got, is the 'proper' ending, because in chapter six they just fucking throw honour at you. Like it just suddenly leaps to almost maxed out after one of them, and then the rest max it out pretty much, and I think that's meant to be the ending they want you to get, since it fits the 'Redemption' theme, and also matches the story they're trying to tell. Think you have to try hard to get the other endings, like actively going for them. Being a dick all game, and going back for the money in that money given how the chapter has gone makes no narrative sense at all.

Actually I think there is another one..

Going back for the money but with good honour, Micah stabs Arthur in the side and they fight, Dutch comes along and Micah tries to convince him the way he does on the cliff but Dutch still leaves without him, then Micah leaves without finishing Arthur, and Arthur sits up to watch the sunrise shining through the trees and then dies with the light shining on him. So there's four I think, two 'good' ones (the one we got I think being the best) and then two others that are dependent on honour. I think the ones where Arthur is either shot in the head or stabbed are low honour, and you see the wolf rather than the deer at the end.

Definitely think Arthur just dying 'peacefully' on the mountain is the best one, and the intended true ending for him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I just ordered a copy of the original RDR :lol: Even though I remember how much I hated the ending I really need to play it again with all this new information. Oh plus I never played the Zombie stuff before. It sounds awful but what the hell :P 

Zombie stuff is fun. Dont have to worry too much about running people down. They're likely dead anyway. 

Kinda looking forward to jumping online tonight. We've just been hunting and stuff,  grinding up stats and cash. Having comps between each other on the best skins etc

Undead Nightmare is the only RDR I've played since I was uninformed about what DLC was and bought the hard copy. Love it to fucking death and still break it out every now and then. The only shooty game I've ever liked and I even liked the online modes.

27 minutes ago, =BK= said:

DthmsNYU0AIvgqI?format=jpg&name=orig

WHAT

25 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

It's because it's on PSnow. They want you to subscribe and I believe that's how much a year costs. I wanted it for PS4 but got it for Xbox because of this

This is correct. There's no other way to play RDR on PS4.

You'd get Red Dead Revolver too then right? I mean, still a weak deal but Revolver did have potential as a couch deathmatch game.

Finished the whole thing now :( 

Spoiler

Micah dying like a punk was especially satisfying. I had to look up how to finish that though. I was so used to shooting first I failed it like 20 times. I would shoot Micah and Dutch would kill me. I would shoot Dutch and Micah would kill me. Was I not fast enough? What was I doing wrong? Use your words John Marston :P 

Is there a way to go back and do Arthur stuff? I was in such a hurry for a resolution I feel like I missed out on the end of a few stranger arcs and it would suck to have to play the whole damn game again just to see what happened with that dude who created the Robot :lol: 

• Like 1