Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I think I’m gonna have to start a brand new game. I didn’t get to craft all the upgrades or complete all the stranger missions. Also, holding off on online for right now. Do any of your upgrades transfer to the online game or is it basically a clean slate?

2 hours ago, edcq said:

I think I’m gonna have to start a brand new game. I didn’t get to craft all the upgrades or complete all the stranger missions. Also, holding off on online for right now. Do any of your upgrades transfer to the online game or is it basically a clean slate?

I've not seen anything transfer over except the "Ultimate Edition" bonuses.

9 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Finished the whole thing now :( 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I know you can do stranger missions with John but I'm not sure if it's starting new ones or possible to complete those partially done.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Was Arthur ever mentioned by name in the first RDR by John or anyone else? I played it a few months ago and don't recall it, but obviously recognise others like Dutch, Bill and Javier.

I don't recall Sadie ever being mentioned either. Besides Jack and Abigail, Arthur and Sadie are the only ones in the gang that care about John.

8 hours ago, edcq said:

I'm definitely going to have to start a new game.

Epilogue part two spoilers

Spoiler

I haven't done any of the Bandit challenges and there is no way this current John Marston can suddenly go around robbing trains. Damn these writers and their consistent character arcs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

That's why it jumped out at me. I figured there'd be a reasonable explanation as to why John never mentioned him. I went in to RDR2 expecting John not to be involved in much of the story at all.

The explanation is that those characters didn't exist when they made RDR1 because they only came into being when they were making RDR2 and deciding what the story was going to be. 

24 minutes ago, metalman said:

The explanation is that those characters didn't exist when they made RDR1 because they only came into being when they were making RDR2 and deciding what the story was going to be. 

Well obviously, but it affects the story a bit when Arthur had been quite important in John's life yet we'd never heard of him, hence why I thought John wouldn't play as much of a part in this one. 

1 hour ago, metalman said:

but R4 was only important in John’s life in RDR2. When RDR1 came out he wasn’t important in John’s life because he didn’t exist yet. And you need to exist (in some form) in order to be important to others.

That's simply not true.

RDR2 is just the latest reason why Rockstar is my favorite game company. I have never hated a videogame character as much as I have hated Micah and pissed at Dutch's foolery. I actually cried because of this game. This game had a phenomenal story that made you care about the characters. I didn't cry during the end of RDR, but something about Arthur made me care so much about him even if I did have a $1,500 bounty in New Hanover.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH

3 hours ago, metalman said:

I don't understand how you people can be so naughty. Aside from story missions my highest bounty was like $15.

I play it like a game. I know people aren't actually dying so I kill things and if someone sees,  I kill them too. It's a continuous situation. 

21 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

I don't recall Sadie ever being mentioned either. Besides Jack and Abigail, Arthur and Sadie are the only ones in the gang that care about John.

Tillie seemed to care also!