Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I've just started chapter 6 so I'm at the end but I've already had the main twist spoiled for me. Without spoiling anything more, what is the point of no return? Like is it obvious which mission is the end? Is there anything you can't do in the epilogue, or that's better to do before it?

Finally caught up on all of this thread. I love this game. And I’m glad I read all of this, because it sounds like I should focus on everything that’s optional until I have to do story missions. I’m presently mid-Chapter 3.

To the clothes discussion, the basic union suit is clearly the best.

I’m trying to play as honorably as possible, except for the story forces me to do otherwise. Of course, like everyone, there’s been a few instances of, “Shit! I meant to talk to you, not shoot you!”

And I’m still looking for a way to hire a sex worker.

7 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

And I’m still looking for a way to hire a sex worker.

Aren't we all, aren't we all..

22 hours ago, Kaney said:

I've just started chapter 6 so I'm at the end but I've already had the main twist spoiled for me. Without spoiling anything more, what is the point of no return? Like is it obvious which mission is the end? Is there anything you can't do in the epilogue, or that's better to do before it?

Spoiler

If I recall, the final few missions kind of just automatically roll in to each other, so the final mission that you can play and still be free to roam around afterwards before the final sequence starts is called 'My Last Boy'.

• Like 1

I’ve finished it. I’ve been going quite slowly because I don’t have a PS4 but there’s one at my parents’ house so I’ve been playing it when I’m back to visit.

it was really quite something, eh? It’s amazing how much they packed in. I’d absolutely love it if they did some kind of DLC with a few extra missions either for Sadie or returning to the setting of the original game. I was surprised they even had it in. That was pretty cool (and quite surprising).

• Like 1

I got the Legendary Coyote and put the pelt on my horse. I went on to do the Flaco Hernandez mission. During that mission, my horse died. :( AND I lost the pelt in the process.

Will I get the pelt back when I retrieve my saddle? Can I hunt the coyote again? Or am I just screwed?

If you lose legendary pelts from your horse because you die or your horse dies or whatever, they just automatically go to the trapper. You won't get the little bit of money you'd get for selling it, but you don't just completely lose it, it's still there to make whatever you can make with it.

Been put on a solo server for the past few hours. It's quite nice. Just been doing various stranger missions trying to get my Honor level back up. I did get the MAX Dishonor level buckle so I don't think I need to go on murderous spree's anymore. I paid Old Man Jones a visit to get him to switch my Honor to  a more respectable level which cost 3 Gold bars (handy getting the second load of 15 GB from Rockstar too.) Currently going to every stranger mission and noting whether they have a positive or a negative effect. This is how it looks currently.

Spoiler

+Alden
+Angus
+Bonnie
+Hamish
+Hector
+Sheriff Freeman
+Trelawny

-Anthony Foreman
-Flaco Hernandez
-James Langton
-Joe 
-Mama Watson
-Sean McGuire
-Shaky
-The Boy

Haven't come across anyone else new yet but I'm hoping for more positives. I also need to finish the storyline missions.

It really is. I’ve decided to start focusing entirely on optional stuff (including home robberies and such) before I’m forced to move on to the story. A) That should help build up funds, and B) I don’t want to get locked out of anything. I think I already missed

[Chapter 2-3ish Optional Spoilers]

Spoiler

The bank robbery in Valentine and the guy held prisoner underneath the gunsmith’s shop in Rhodes.

1 hour ago, Josh to the World said:

It really is. I’ve decided to start focusing entirely on optional stuff (including home robberies and such) before I’m forced to move on to the story. A) That should help build up funds, and B) I don’t want to get locked out of anything. I think I already missed

[Chapter 2-3ish Optional Spoilers]

Hide contents

The bank robbery in Valentine and the guy held prisoner underneath the gunsmith’s shop in Rhodes.

Wait...

There is a guy held prisoner in the gun shop?!

21 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Wait...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There was for me. It was one of those random strangers you’re passing by when their dialogue becomes louder than the others, the subtitles appear for them (if you have them on), and their white dot flashes briefly on the radar. He speaks to you from basement window bars on the side of the building. I saw him a few times there, not sure what to do. Now he’s gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

If you get a chance again stick up the gun shop owner and you can force him to take you down to the basement where the guy is. Be careful when the guy asks you to shoot his chains off though. I accidentally hit him in the leg and killed him :(