Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

2 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

I hate the fishing on this game. Just caught a legendary fish as part of a stranger mission after swearing I'd just avoid fishing and my hands feel like I just got done at the gym except I don't feel as accomplished. 

Do as I did. Shoot the fish. I did that for the Legendary Blue Gill just to see if I could. Turns out, I could! :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Did a strangers mission sequence and was given an awesome horse at the end. Two missions later...

Hide contents

The main story ends and my beautiful new stables horse is no more.

Spoiler

I heard about it and deliberately left it until the epilogue. Such a beaut

2 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Did a strangers mission sequence and was given an awesome horse at the end. Two missions later...

Reveal hidden contents

Can't remember the horses name, but is it the one you get helping the guy hunt and fish?

• Like 1

My wife is all about watching me play this game and won't let me beat it now unless she's there to see the ending. That really puts a cramp in my style since I'm nearly at the end of Chapter 5. How long is Chapter 6? I don't want to stop playing but I also don't want her to miss the ending either. Is there at least a bit of a warning before it gets close to the ending?

8 hours ago, Dazed and ConFORKed said:

My wife is all about watching me play this game and won't let me beat it now unless she's there to see the ending. That really puts a cramp in my style since I'm nearly at the end of Chapter 5. How long is Chapter 6? I don't want to stop playing but I also don't want her to miss the ending either. Is there at least a bit of a warning before it gets close to the ending?

have you thought about getting a divorce

Just had a 9 hour session on RDO and it was a lot of fun. Jumped on and within 10 minutes I got invited to a random posse and thought “why not?”

By the end of the session there were 4 of us. We just did stranger missions and about an hour, or so, of fishing. 

We had 3 unsuccessful attempts as targets in Posse Assassinations. When you roll 7 deep, it makes it harder to kill the whole posse.

This definitely reignited my interest in the online side of things and I look forward to running amuck with the “SanDiegoCrips” posse. The name might need some work 🤔

I thought I was further along in this game than I was. Turns out I had only been on Chapter IV. I just got to V last night and man, that was intense. So many gun fights but they were all pretty awesome. I love watching Dutch slowly descend into madness.

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to getting this game and have been playing it exclusively for a week.

I quite like the pace of it. At first I got a bit annoyed with the long, slow (compared to GTAV) riding to another place, but it has won me round and I am enjoying the scenery while I mosey on to the next spot. I was worried there was going to be too much micromanaging with all the horse cleaning, shaving, bathing, peeling carrots and learning Spanish minigame but it turns out it really isn't that important. The controls were annoying at first but I find them pretty intuitive now. Although there are some parts when you want to scroll down to read something you use one stick and another you use another stick and also they throw in using the D-Pad just for laughs, but it is a minor annoyance. I'm not bothered with hunting animals so I do it rarely and I don't really care about picking fruit.

The pacing of the storyline is good too. I actually care about the characters, some more than others, and apart from one or two they all seem to have a personality.

And you get to play with the dog.

• Like 2