Anybody ditch cable?

VerbalPuke

I'm months away from having my own place but was wondering if anybody relies solely on subscription services? We have netflix, amazon prime, and are considering hulu. It seems we would mostly be covered in the shows we like (most of my favorite shows are Netflix originals and wrestling). 

It just seems crazy to me to give w cable company 100+ dollars when i can do a few subscriptions for about 30-49 bucks. Plus cable companies are fucking asshokes that fuck up your billing.

Have you thought about Sling TV? It's $20 a month, and the basic package includes

Adult Swim, A&E, AMC, BBC America, Bloomberg, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, El Rey, Flama, Food Network, Galavisión, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, Local Now by The Weather Channel, Maker, Newsy, Polaris TV, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Univision, UniMas, Viceland.

Sling TV's "Orange" add-on pack has Disney Channel, Freeform, and ESPN, ESPN2 & ESPN3. For more money you can get stuff like the Sports Extra package, Kids Extra, etc.

https://www.sling.com/

The first week is a free trial.

• Like 2

Nice Cloudy, good suggestion. Srar mentioned sports and that would be a bit poo to lose that, but I can sacrifice since the Lions mostly play on Fox. I'm just so sick of cable companies anymore. 

So...between Hulu, Sling, Netflix, Amazon, and WWE Network I could be pretty well covered. And still be cheaper than cable, and not have to worry about the horse shit of them adding some 50 dollar charge because fuck you thats why.

• Like 1

The only frustrations I've had from ditching cable are due to certain networks waiting one year after air to put their shows on streaming services. So I can watch those shows, but not while they're more topical. AMC and FX/FXX come to mind. Though it looks like Sling would get you AMC.

Sling's $25 Blue package has FX/FXX too. I believe Orange is the "basic" package, $20, Blue is $5 more, and if you're comfortable / in the position to pay $40 a month you can get Orange + Blue.