Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Benji

Season 2 is here! S2E1

Spoiler

They changed the theme music, which is fine cause it no longer fits for the season, but the new one really sucks :(

"Daryll is now played by a broom on a stand." :lol:

Any episode I see Mrs Chan is good with me. Love her so much.

Greg talking about the glitter :(

I'm sort of intrigued that Rebecca is showing no signs of redemption yet. Her final actions last season made me really dislike her, and I'm not sure how much they can fix it without changing her character.

The new theme is phenomenal, you philistine.

Spoiler

I think the decision to have Greg and Paula both mature while Rebecca regresses and Josh is... Josh was a smart choice.  I think I enjoy Rebecca most when she's phenomenally, hilariously awful.

Broom Daryl was MVP though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was more partial to "Ping Pong Girl" because holy shit, what a perfect dissection of that type of pop-punk song. That might actually be my favorite Josh song, now.

Episode MVPs were White Josh and Hector, though. Thusfar season 2 is giving me the exact right amount of White Josh and Hector.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I was more partial to "Ping Pong Girl" because holy shit, what a perfect dissection of that type of pop-punk song. That might actually be my favorite Josh song, now.

Oh yeah, I posted that and then that came up later in the episode. That was absolutely hilarious. Definitely Josh's best song.

I was a bit worried because episode one didn't feel like it hit the same pace as season one did, but the second episode assuaged all those fears.

I'm a bit concerned because as much as I like the show, Bex is again flitting into unbearably irritating territory. I suppose it's intentional because she's creating needless drama to fill herself, but I find any interaction she makes with Greg make me really dislike her more. I really hope Valencia comes back soon and gives her a massive reality check.

Meanwhile, "Love Triangles" started off with me really annoyed at her, but that song killed it. I loved every time the backup singers commented on her mental state and inability to count :lol:

Definitely not my favorite episode (I felt like the Greg stuff made sense but the Josh part of the story was a little much), but I will forgive a lot for a Marilyn Monroe parody as good as "The Math of Love Triangles" is ("So I'm a triangle?"/"What? No!")

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 03:20, Benji said:

Oh man, I didn't realise Greg was leaving Crazy Ex-Girlfriend permanently. I thought something would innevitably bring him back. That sucks, Greg was my favourite character :(

Yeah, it really unbalances the show if he's gone for good. I just caught up and the songs are still really good (FRIENDTOPIA) but Greg was so integral to the the main story that I definitely feel like it's a bit more sitcommy.

They're making very good use of their side characters, at least. Heather (who is probably actually the only character that actually benefits from Greg being gone) and Valencia are a combination I'd be happy to see more of, and the Darryl/Maya dance sequence was perfectly timed.