TEW16 Real World Update: November 2016

Here is the update for November, the major changes this month are that I have updated rosters, stats and popularity for workers in AJPW, Chikara, CZW, ICW, NGW, NOAH, PCW, Shimmer, Shine, and SWE. I will admit these are promotions I don't follow too regularly so if anyone has suggestions on tweeks that will be helpful. Beyond that its been the typical updates for the month.

Enjoy.

Database: November 2016
Graphics: November 2016
Workers: July 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Hide contents

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Hide contents

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 1

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

Top notch as always Who. Thanks.

Couple of Suggestions:

- Add Anthem Sports & Entertainment as a media group owning Fight Network. Given the recent court ruling and their recent provision of funding (http://fightnetwork.com/news/6576040:anthem-statement-on-investment-in-tna-impact-wrestling/) its looking likely this will be TNA's new owner, makes it easier to add them in the "owned by" drop down when the time comes. 

- Add a broadcast deals between TNA and the Fight Network for Impact Wrestling, Xplosion and PPV/Events with an "On Demand" timeslot. I know that there are already agreements in the database for Impact and Xplosion airing in slots on the TV channel but given that it appears Anthem/Fight Network now own part of the TNA tape library they are airing PPV's and On Demand content via the Fight Network App - http://fightnetwork.com/law/fight-network-and-tna-impact-wrestling-enter-into-comprehensive-global-content-partnership/. Not sure if it might be more accurate to add a separate broadcaster under the Anthem media group for the Fight Network App - so that it can be set as worldwide and with a smaller audience similar to the other apps that are in game or whether one channel would fit all - i'll leave that to your expertise mate. 

- Edit the broadcast agreement between TNA and Challenge TV to set to expire in 3 months, its been announced they will no longer be broadcasted there from January 2017 and statements from TNA seem to be hinted at an OTT delivery for UK broadcasting - most likely via the above mentioned fight network app. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/769989-update-uk-tv-network-dropping-tna-wrestling#/slide/1 

- The image for the X-Division Title needs updated, the X is green these days, seems to be their colour branding for the division. Someone created one for it already in the graphics request section, ill edit this with the link once i find it. 

- Logos needed for TV shows for Lucha Underground, ICW Fight Club, ROH and OVW. I've just been pasting in the company logos at the moment as a placeholder for my own saves, even just adding those in there in the graphics folder should suffice. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Add a Strong Dislike Worker Relationship between Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan. 

- Add Premier Sports as a broadcaster/Channel - http://www.premiersports.com/ - They are formerly Setanta Sports and whilst not the biggest pay tv sports channel (Sky and BT Sports would be one and two) they could be considered the number 3 channel, with rights to NHL, Nascar, Rugby and some MMA. If recent reports from Wrestling observer are to be believed they are interested in wrestling...perhaps just not TNA. I had assumed they were already in the game but definitely a good shout to expand the existing UK channel base.

Spoiler

From the WON via Reddit

"TNA knew that their deal with Challenge was in jeopardy months ago so they began shopping around Impact Wrestling to various networks in the U.K. with little interest from anyone. One group they met with was Premier Sports, a pay sports channel in the U.K. formerly known as Setanta Sports. The station ended up being completely discouraged by what they learnt of TNA's past dealings with networks in the U.S. when they did their research on how TNA's deals with both Spike and Destination America saw them canceled due to a mixture of poor ratings and mishandled business relationships, along with declining viewership on Challenge in the U.K. Despite this TNA told Premier Sports that they would be off Challenge and available in the U.K. in January."

Edited by JohnnyNitro

3 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

- Add a Strong Dislike Worker Relationship between Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan. 

Reading through the info Corgan is gone from the company, from the looks of it I'll keep TNA as they are set up already, I don't want to set them as as being owned by a media group since I believe that can throttle and hinder when playing the game.

Yeah i'd remove Billy from the TNA roster and add that dislike relationship.

I get what your saying with the ownership, I know you've got ROH in the same way. Just personal preference i like to have the data exactly accurate then remove elements if i want to make tweaks. I also agree that it throttles a company - limiting them to negotiating pretty much exclusively with the broadcaster, but thats realistic!! Look at ROH. And i expect TNA now to be the same. I can see their UK offerings coming via the App in future and maybe even that POP TV deal not being renewed next april and ending up on Fight aswell. 

Did you have a think about the fight network app? Do you reckon its better as a seperate channel or maybe just keep as is and add one more broadcast deal for Events/PPV's as "On Demand" on the channel? 

I'll add in the media group I just wont set it as TNA's owner for the data.

I'll wait and see what happens with the app, TEW 16 is not designed for "internet" channels, and they can lead to an accelerated popularity boost for promotions using them.

Few more TNA Updates

- Add the new referee Rob King to the database - https://twitter.com/refrobking

Some wiki details here http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Justin_King. He was formerly "Justin King" in WWE and worked Resistance Pro and GFW prior to joining TNA at the last set of tapings. I could have sworn he was previously in the database but cant find him under Rob King, Justin King or Noah Wilson so it looks like he isnt. 

- Add the stable "Team Go For Broke" consisting of DJ Z, Mandrews and Braxton Sutter - they've formed a team in that Team X Gold tournament that TNA are pushing at the moment, and given the promo time/vignettes they got about how great a unit they are this week - it looks like they'll be sticking together for a bit. I've listed the other teams below for those who wish to add groups for them but none of the rest even have a team name yet and Decay and Helms dynasty are already part of their own separate stables so i'd probably hold off on those. 

Rockstar Spud, Abyss & Crazzy Steve

Marshe Rockett, Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett

- Given that Anthem now own 85% of TNA and appointed Ed Nordholm in what was traditionally Dixie's spot. Should we now be looking to move Dixie to just an Authority FIgure/Personality and add Ed Nordholm to the database? I can find a linkedin profile and profile on the anthem site for him but thin on details such as age etc. probs going to be best guess work for now. Definately more of a business guy than a wrestling guy with background in media and law so i'd give him decent business rep, but 0 booking rep and skill. 

27 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Justin King should be in the database under that name.

He is indeed!!! Not sure how i missed him. 

Probably safe to remove Tigre Uno/Extreme TIger from the TNA roster. He hasnt worked a taping since January. ProFightDB lists matches for him in other promotions pretty much throughout the fall so he must be gone or at least they arent using him. 

Chelsea Green / Laurel Van Ness should be set as Heel. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

2 hours ago, akira_fudo87 said:

Masayuki Ochida now owns Pro Wrestling NOAH

NOAH is actually now owned by an IT content (I think) company called Estbee Co. Ltd. Masayuki Uchida works for them and will be taking over the role of president.  

On 11/4/2016 at 15:55, JohnnyNitro said:

He is indeed!!! Not sure how i missed him. 

Probably safe to remove Tigre Uno/Extreme TIger from the TNA roster. He hasnt worked a taping since January. ProFightDB lists matches for him in other promotions pretty much throughout the fall so he must be gone or at least they arent using him. 

Chelsea Green / Laurel Van Ness should be set as Heel. 

Just thought I'd weight in on the whole Rob/Justin King thing. Justin King is the former WWE ref, Rob is his brother. Honestly you could probably just duplicate Justin King and make that Rob King. They hardly look any different at all.

2 hours ago, twist-of-fate7 said:

Just thought I'd weight in on the whole Rob/Justin King thing. Justin King is the former WWE ref, Rob is his brother. Honestly you could probably just duplicate Justin King and make that Rob King. They hardly look any different at all.

The seem to be twins, also looking into it Justin looks like he has been doing some managing in Resistance Pro so I'll add that role for him, I'll clone Justin, drop his referee skills a grade and set that up as Robert.