TEW16 Real World Update: November 2016

So I'm using your database to start a scenario where I create a brand new company with a nationwide rating. Biggest problem I'm running into is the popularity not being high enough for anyone who isn't already locked into the WWE roster. Honestly seeing names like The Rock, Steve Austin, Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan not rated as icons is laughable. Suggestions on what I should do? Should I start with a Cult organization instead? Should I raise everyone's popularity? 

On 05/11/2016 at 15:08, TheWho87 said:

So based of TNA's roster wiki their booker will now have to be Matt Conway.

On 05/11/2016 at 15:08, TheWho87 said:

So based of TNA's roster wiki their booker will now have to be Matt Conway.

Jeremy Borash has been appointed head of creative according to the sheets so set him as head booker.

Hey Who, just seen your update and it appears that you have forgotten most of Jim Cornette's relationships. I am a Jim Cornette scholar, and I know most of his relationships within the wrestling businessarrow-10x10.png that he has talked about in interviews and shoots.

- People that Corny has a hatred with includearrow-10x10.png Shawn Michaels, Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara, and Mark Madden.

- People that Corny has a strong dislike with include Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella), Dave Batista, Paul Levesque (Triple H), Hulk Hogan, Kenny King, Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, Terry Taylor, Ryback, Omega, Brock Lesnar, Sean Waltman (X-Pac), and Kevin Nash (although I might be forgetting a few more people.)

- People that Corny likes include Kenny Bolin, Kevin Kelly, Mick Foley, and Paul Heyman.

- People that Corny LOVE include Jim Ross, Ole Anderson, Jerry Lawler, and Jerry Jarrett.

- Corny is loyal to Bill Watts.

- Corny has Simmering Tension with Bret Hart, if 'Simmering Tension' meansarrow-10x10.png 'minor dislike'.

As for other workers, Sting and Jeff Hardy strongly dislike each other after the Victory Road 2011 incident, and Shane Helms and Shawn Michaels strongly dislike each other.

i started a game as TNA here are some turns for you:

Aron Rex needs to be a heel (he cheats to win his matches now by using Regals classic Power of the Punch move as his finisher, unsure on gimmick, maybe arrogant?)

The DCC have been unmasked now and are the Trio of James Storm, Bram and Eddie Kingston, all need to be Heels,  they pretty much have been attacking all the faces, maybe Against the World as there gimmick if it fits

Aiden O'Shea is a face i guess he is Billy Corgans bodyguard tho i guess this will change by december

Drew Galloway should be a heel, bad ass, he hasnt wrestled since a head injury in September, dunno how long he is out for, last match was 15/09/16

Eddie Edwards worth giving a bit of a pop boast? midcarder world champion he is at the moment

Moose is a face now, needs to have a pop boast too as he is only Enhancement Talent, id say he is at least a upper midcarder with the push he is getting

Tigre Uno hasnt wrestled for TNA since January 

On 11/11/2016 at 13:30, Epic Night Rider said:

Hey Who, just seen your update and it appears that you have forgotten most of Jim Cornette's relationships. I am a Jim Cornette scholar, and I know most of his relationships within the wrestling business that he has talked about in interviews and shoots.

- People that Corny has a hatred with include Shawn Michaels, Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara, and Mark Madden.

- People that Corny has a strong dislike with include Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella), Dave Batista, Paul Levesque (Triple H), Hulk Hogan, Kenny King, Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, Terry Taylor, Ryback, Omega, Brock Lesnar, Sean Waltman (X-Pac), and Kevin Nash (although I might be forgetting a few more people.)

- People that Corny likes include Kenny Bolin, Kevin Kelly, Mick Foley, and Paul Heyman.

- People that Corny LOVE include Jim Ross, Ole Anderson, Jerry Lawler, and Jerry Jarrett.

- Corny is loyal to Bill Watts.

- Corny has Simmering Tension with Bret Hart, if 'Simmering Tension' means 'minor dislike'.

As for other workers, Sting and Jeff Hardy strongly dislike each other after the Victory Road 2011 incident, and Shane Helms and Shawn Michaels strongly dislike each other.

Are these from old incidents or are these from recent comments, and which ones are Cornette hating someone or someone hating Cornette. Cornette is one of those people that has a long list of people who either he hates or they hate him, which is why I try and limit to those that would cause someone to comment if signed (like is it in game), for example Vince McMahon, I know Cornette has issues with him, however he also respects what he has done in the industry, I'd argue he has more of an issue with Stephanie, but I don't think Vince would kick up a fuss if they brought in Cornette. Another would be Santino, I guess this is from the OVW incident, Cornette had a go at him for being unprofessional 10 years ago, also from what I've heard Cornette comment, they were looking for any reason to fire him and the incident was what got him out the WWE machine so I'd argue he has "mellowed" in relation to this incident.

Edited by TheWho87

• 2 weeks later...

noticed there's a lot of little things that need to be cleaned up in places like ROH and others. The stables need to be overhauled, as the Decade aren't together anymore, Adam Page is part of the Bullet Club, the House of Truth hasn't been together for a while, The Kingdom is still listed as a group with Adam Cole and Matt Taven, that hasn't been around in forever, however now they're back together with just Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan and Vinny Marseglia. There's The Embassy with Prince Nana and Donovan Dijak, and according to Meltzer, Truth Martini left ROH back in September. I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing as well.

So no one else has an issue with the popularity? I played it out through the end of the year and it completely screwed up the Power 500 rankings. They were dominated by wrestlers with Japanese backgrounds, most likely due to their higher popularity rankings. I know I came across as a dick is my previous post & for that I apologize. I know this isn't an easy task.

2 hours ago, popealope said:

So no one else has an issue with the popularity? I played it out through the end of the year and it completely screwed up the Power 500 rankings. They were dominated by wrestlers with Japanese backgrounds, most likely due to their higher popularity rankings. I know I came across as a dick is my previous post & for that I apologize. I know this isn't an easy task.

Its not based on popularity, its based on match ratings, if you are starting a game in later months this can skew things as Japanese promotions have touring schedules, which means they put on 2-3 shows a week, which leads them to get a better range of match ratings than other regions that may at best get 1 match a week.

14 hours ago, ThTmp4 said:

noticed there's a lot of little things that need to be cleaned up in places like ROH and others. The stables need to be overhauled, as the Decade aren't together anymore, Adam Page is part of the Bullet Club, the House of Truth hasn't been together for a while, The Kingdom is still listed as a group with Adam Cole and Matt Taven, that hasn't been around in forever, however now they're back together with just Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan and Vinny Marseglia. There's The Embassy with Prince Nana and Donovan Dijak, and according to Meltzer, Truth Martini left ROH back in September. I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing as well.

I don't follow ROH so if their updates don't get mentioned I don't know there has been any changed.

Edited by TheWho87

On 11/27/2016 at 10:30, TheWho87 said:

Its not based on popularity, its based on match ratings, if you are starting a game in later months this can skew things as Japanese promotions have touring schedules, which means they put on 2-3 shows a week, which leads them to get a better range of match ratings than other regions that may at best get 1 match a week.

I don't follow ROH so if their updates don't get mentioned I don't know there has been any changed.

Ah, I wasn't sure if people have been mentioning updates or anything, been a while since I've played lol. Also, here's an updated pic for Hiromu Takahashi (he's no longer wrestling as Kamaitachi after his re-debut at Power Struggle), add him to NJPW. He's going to be facing KUSHIDA at Wrestle Kingdom for the Jr. Heavyweight Title.

Hiromu_Takahashi.jpg

Edited by ThTmp4

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic