Hellraiser

It's about time this show get's his own thread. I haven't been that intrigued by a tv show in a while. Even Game Of Thrones didn't manage to have me that on edge for new episodes as this show has. Also great acting all around. Especially Anthony Hopkins is absolutely killing it.

Big spoilers for episode 7:

Spoiler

One of the big fan theories about the show has been confirmed in this episode: Bernard is indeed a host created in secret by Ford. And now he'll likely create a host-duplicate of poor Theresa as well. I wonder how many more of the human people we've seen so far are also hosts.

Spoilers for episode 6 and speculations:

Spoiler

I also wonder what happened to Elsie. I'm pretty sure she has not been kidnapped by Ford or one of his hosts. Who else could it be then? Does the board of directors, who are trying to undermine and oust Ford, have more "spies" in the park than we know? Could it be another "malfunctioning" (at least in the eyes of the park's staff) host? Or maybe Arnold isn't as dead as we thought he was and he is taking advantage of the board of director's scheme to futher his own goal of destroying the park? Doesn't even have to be Arnold. Maybe someone else is trying to continue Arnold's legacy. I hope we get answers in the next episode. I was a bit miffed about their choice to not advance that plotline in the latest episode.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

Absolutely falling in love with this show. There's so many layers, most shows don't really add too much with a rewatch but given the way things are slowly being revealed I think rewatching all of season one will show so many small hints sprinkled throughout.

The fan theories can get too excessive, but have been fun to read once in a while. It's the kind of show with so many possibilities I'm not speculating as much as I probably should, just enjoying being along for the ride.

Hopefully it does as well as Game of Thrones because the cost for this show is insane, and will only shoot higher as it goes on, so HBO needs this to be a success to keep renewing it.

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Absolutely falling in love with this show. There's so many layers, most shows don't really add too much with a rewatch but given the way things are slowly being revealed I think rewatching all of season one will show so many small hints sprinkled throughout.

The fan theories can get too excessive, but have been fun to read once in a while. It's the kind of show with so many possibilities I'm not speculating as much as I probably should, just enjoying being along for the ride.

Hopefully it does as well as Game of Thrones because the cost for this show is insane, and will only shoot higher as it goes on, so HBO needs this to be a success to keep renewing it.

I'm hoping they go Roman in another series, that would be great.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I love that Anthony Hopkins gets all this ridiculous dialogue and still finds a way to absolutely sell it. 

Liking the show a lot, has so much potential in terms of scope and story and the cast is unreal.

Except the British guy. He sucks so hard. 

I never even thought about that. He is just so good at selling. He's like Dolph Ziggler.

Bernard is my favourite. I reckon he is good at cuddling.

I've had the first episode downloaded since it first came out and i've finally gotten around to watching it and I think I'm going to love this show.

The cast is fantastic, the dialogue is brilliant and I didn't want it to end. The ending in particular to the first episode had me hooked. I know I've only seen the one episode but from what I've seen there is so many possibilities the show can go and its hard to try and figure out where the show is going to go. 

• Admin
Spoiler

Anthony Hopkins going into full Hannibal Lector mode at the end of episode 7 was some of the best television I've watched this year.

When I heard the concept of Westworld back before the first episode I wasn't at all convinced. How wrong I was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kliq said:
  Hide contents

Anthony Hopkins going into full Hannibal Lector mode at the end of episode 7 was some of the best television I've watched this year.

When I heard the concept of Westworld back before the first episode I wasn't at all convinced. How wrong I was.

Big spoilers for episode 07:

Spoiler

He was so good in that scene and the scene before that in which they demonstrate the "bug" in the hosts to him and Bernard too. He didn't even have that many lines there. It is the look on his face after the android starts to go haywire that sells me on that scene. The people on the room probably read it as shock about what just happened when in reality he is probably angry because they think they can fool him that easily.

The only thing I didn't like about the final scene was the set-up in which they give the twist away. Shortly before that scene Bernard tells Theresa that nobody knows about the recreation of Ford's childhood home because the surveys of the park are done by hosts who are programmed so that they are unable to detect the place. He tells her that as they go into a room where Bernard has been before. He doesn't find anything suspicious. Theresa then enters the room and finds a door on the wall that Bernard just passed and that he doesn't seem to notice until she opens it. That was a bit on the nose. And it took some impact away from the moment when she finds the blue prints of Bernard because they already told us that he was a host seconds ago.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Big spoilers for episode 07:

Hide contents

He was so good in that scene and the scene before that in which they demonstrate the "bug" in the hosts to him and Bernard too. He didn't even have that many lines there. It is the look on his face after the android starts to go haywire that sells me on that scene. The people on the room probably read it as shock about what just happened when in reality he is probably angry because they think they can fool him that easily.

The only thing I didn't like about the final scene was the set-up in which they give the twist away. Shortly before that scene Bernard tells Theresa that nobody knows about the recreation of Ford's childhood home because the surveys of the park are done by hosts who are programmed so that they are unable to detect the place. He tells her that as they go into a room where Bernard has been before. He doesn't find anything suspicious. Theresa then enters the room and finds a door on the wall that Bernard just passed and that he doesn't seem to notice until she opens it. That was a bit on the nose. And it took some impact away from the moment when she finds the blue prints of Bernard because they already told us that he was a host seconds ago.

Also episode 7 spoilers:

Spoiler

Yeah I get what you mean. When he said "what door?" I was like "oh shit" ? But the person I was watching with didn't actually get it straight away. So the actual reveal really did work for them. 

Hopkins has such presence. Really hope he sticks around for season 2, though I hear we're going to have to wait until 2018 for it.

damshow hit the nail on the head when he said the show has so many layers, as I've rewatched a few of the early episodes already and have noticed a few things I didn't pick up on before. Although that's probably partly because I didn't have a clue what was going on.

34 minutes ago, kliq said:

Also episode 7 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Hopkins has such presence. Really hope he sticks around for season 2, though I hear we're going to have to wait until 2018 for it.

damshow hit the nail on the head when he said the show has so many layers, as I've rewatched a few of the early episodes already and have noticed a few things I didn't pick up on before. Although that's probably partly because I didn't have a clue what was going on.

WHAT?!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kliq said:

If you need me I'll be in my angry dome

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kliq said:

Also episode 7 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I didn't click to the "I don't see a door" either, my wife did though. Clever.

• Like 1

Spoilers for episode 7:

Spoiler

I think the whole "I don't see a door" thing wouldn't be half as bad as it was if Bernard didn't spell out to Theresa why the hosts couldn't find the place seconds earlier. It's one of these "show don't tell" moments. Would've been so much better without the explanation beforehand.