Hellraiser

On 06/12/2016 at 15:23, marksbros6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

Read that quickly and saw SPICE-World... #spicegirls #robots

Man I would be all in on SPICE-World.

17 hours ago, Maxx said:

So what happened to the tac team guy that got attacked by Ghost Nation?

Spoiler

If you want to talk about his fate you'll have to talk about Elsie's (the behavior tech that was investigating the transmitter used to send data out of Westworld and who was seemingly killed by Bernard on Ford's orders) fate. Fan theory is that she didn't actually die. We only ever saw her struggle with Bernard. We never saw him actually killing her like we did with Theresa. The theory is that while looking through the data that the board of directors wanted to send out of the park she figured out Ford's plan. That is why Bernard was sent to kill her. She also figured out that Bernard was a host so she could manage to disable him and flee. As far as Stubbs (the security guy's name) is concerned fans beleive that it was Elsie who lured him into the park and who took control of the Ghost Nation hosts. Why? Maybe she trusts him? Maybe she is making an escape plan and thinks that he might be useful because he was the head of security? 

To support this theory there is som ARG (Alternate Reallity Game) stuff on the Westworld and Elos homepages. If you look through the source code of these websites you'll find some lines of code. That is Hex. If you translate that to real text and then to some other kind of code you get links to 2 mp4 files. One of them is a short video which shows us Elsie's location in the park. The other one is a soundfile of Elsie's voice asking if anyone can here her. So at least the "Elsie is still alive" part of the theory seems to be confirmed. 

Edited by Hellraiser

Siri responds to some commands from the show.

Spoiler

2q5XqUn.png

She also responds to "These violent delights have violent ends" and some other statements.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that show.

On one hand, it's shitty that it will be so long before it returns. But in this era of tv, it's not like there aren't a buttload of other things that you can preoccupy your time with.

I tried to take a break between each episode. Ended up listening to some of Post Show Recaps with Josh Wigler & Jo Garfield on my commute. I'm kind of disappointed I did, in all honestly. It seems like the community predicted the twists all along. I don't mind it actually. They were well written and logical and didn't feel like twists for the sake of twists. It was a fantastically told story and didn't feel contrived. I'm glad they didn't try to move away from what might have been more obvious. I just don't know if I would have seen everything coming if I hadn't been listening to Josh & Jo, who made some really spot on predictions.

I'm not usually one to re-watch long dramas, but this might be the exception. Might have to go back through this all at a future time.

My girlfriend didn't partake in discussing the show with anyone but me and she managed to be caught by surprise nearly every time. On the other hand I have to deep dive every show I watch or it doesn't even feel like I'm watching the show, and of course I was able to pinpoint most of the twists before they happened.

But, yes, it took nothing away. It was so well-written that having an idea what would probably happen didn't matter.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I was confused watching the season 1 recap, even though I have watched it all, read a recap and listened to a podcast of each episode. 

The recap I watched completely blew my mind. It was totally different to how I remembered it.

I think I saw that somebody had recut the entire series into a 90 minute chronological movie. I may check it out. 

Yeah, here it is.

• Like 1

I think William's X-Box live subscription expired, he's stuck playing single player.

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Solid episode this week. Few thoughts.

• "Have you ever seen anything so full of splendor". I wonder if this quote is going to somehow end the season, the amount of times it was said feels like we'll come back to it at some point. Much like the whole "These violent delights have violent ends".
  • Gus Fring sighting! Although he wasn't in it for very long, it was a pretty cool moment to realise it was Ford's doing at the end when he told William that he will have to play this game alone.
  • Speaking of William, it was interesting to see his initial discussions with Logan's father James Delos about investing in the park, pointing out to him that they will have so much information (data mining, hey Facebook!) on the guests that come in the park and that I am speculating that he is thinking of using it for leverage/blackmail of certain individuals in the future. A nice indicator of William's character.
  • More of the robots becoming self-aware was cool to see as well, especially Teddy although his better instincts stop him murdering the scientist in cold blood.
  • Wiliam's "Greatest Mistake" and Dolores' "weapon", I am guessing is a huge data mining facility of some sort?

Cool, Westworld installed new DLC: Rajas Of India.

• Like 1