January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

stokeriño

It's not like it's even close. AVB left Chelsea more than three months before Oscar arrived. And we won the Champions League inbetween.

Although I understand for the BBC it's difficult to keep track of Chelsea's managers. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Oscar will become the third highest-paid player in the world on an astonishing annual salary of £20 million after tax following his move from Chelsea to Shanghai SIPG. The Brazil midfielder has been offered weekly net wages of £400,000 by the Chinese Super League club, which would leave him behind only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Source: The Times

Blimey.

Crazy money. Isn't Pelle on roughly that amount too?

But if one of the Chinese clubs want to give Fellaini a big payday, they're more than welcome to come in with a bid.

Also while I'm here and have the attention of Stoker, do the Chinese sides splash the cash and make ridiculous bids like this in FM 17?

19 hours ago, Gorka said:

How does Bob Bradley hope to save Swansea from relegation?

Apparently with a ten million pound move for Tom Carroll. Great.

lol as if anyone's even quoted £10 mil for Tommy Carroll.

His time at Spurs is definitely done, just a matter of who wants him and apparently who will come close to Levy's ridiculous value. 

11 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Also while I'm here and have the attention of Stoker, do the Chinese sides splash the cash and make ridiculous bids like this in FM 17?

Not for my Tranmere Rovers players they don't. :shifty:

China isn't an active league in my save, but glancing through the transfer history of 2016-19 the following are the biggest transfers:

£36m - Ki Sung-Yeung (Swansea to Guangzhou Evergrande)
£20m - Victor Wanyama (Tottenham to Guangzhou Evergrande)
£15m - Carlos Vela (Real San Sebastian to Tianjin Quanjian)
£6.5m - Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham to Shanghai SIPG)

With regards to salaries, Ki Sung-Yeung is earning £250kpw while Carlos Vela gets £230kpw. The others earn less than half that.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

lol as if anyone's even quoted £10 mil for Tommy Carroll.

His time at Spurs is definitely done, just a matter of who wants him and apparently who will come close to Levy's ridiculous value. 

I had legit forgotten all about Carroll's existence. 

“[Oscar] has already said goodbye. He's a good friend and a great player.”

“I wish him and his family all the best. A footballer's career can be quick, and when an offer like this comes in you have to think of your family. You want to be prepared for when you have to stop playing.”

-Willian; source: ESPN via ESPN Brasil

That's basically as close to an official confirmation as we're going to get this side of January so...farewell Oscar! Thanks for the memories.

The fact that my top memory of Oscar remains that from his full debut...two goals in two minutes against Juventus...well, I guess he was never going to top that. :shifty: 

Now we just have to avoid the usual January transfer pitfalls, i.e.:

a) "Ooh we have a pile of money...and no one available to buy until the summer. Good luck maintaining the title challenge with one player less, guys!"

or (worse),

b) "Well we need to buy someone...OH HEY SALAH/CUADRADO/etc., WHAT A GOOD IDEA."

On 14/12/2016 at 09:47, Davidmarrio said:

I think we need to buy a forward. With Ings injured, Mane going to the AFCON and Sturridge picking up little injuries we need an option for the team or the bench. 

I expect Ojo to be brought into the first team when he's fully fit but options for the bench are limited atm. When your bench against West Ham consists of a keeper, two centre backs, a fullback and three kids it's less than ideal.  

Haven't Liverpool been linked with Javier Hernandez?

Apparently Man City are looking at offering £25m for Oxlade-Chamberlain and all I can think is

1. Why?
  2. Yeah, another winger, that'll sort out your problems.

16 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Haven't Liverpool been linked with Javier Hernandez?

We've been linked with him on and off for a while now. Would obviously love to have a player of his scoring ability but I don't know how he'd fit in plus where he would be in terms of depth. 

We need someone who can play anywhere across the front and could rotate in to the team and add a goal or two. Fortunately this season goals are being spread across the team as normally we have one or two people who score the bulk of the goals.

"Man Utd closing in on £38m deal for Benfica's Victor Lindelöf. Time for #MUFC fans to watch a YouTube vid & say you've 'always rated him'."

Always rated him. <_<

Never seen him play to be honest. For those that watch the Portuguese league, what's all the fuss about? I love me a tough centre back but that fee is massive. The pressure on him would be huge.