January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

stokeriño

On 20/12/2016 at 20:05, Baddar said:

"Man Utd closing in on £38m deal for Benfica's Victor Lindelöf. Time for #MUFC fans to watch a YouTube vid & say you've 'always rated him'."

Always rated him. <_<

Never seen him play to be honest. For those that watch the Portuguese league, what's all the fuss about? I love me a tough centre back but that fee is massive. The pressure on him would be huge. 

On 20/12/2016 at 20:25, Gazz said:

A centreback from Liga NOS? That'll be the 'He looks like a world beater playing for Benfica/Sporting/Porto where he has to make one tackle per season and is then absolutely shit in a league that requires actual defending', also known as the Mangala Principle.

Lindelof did awesomely last season. He got to the first team because we had two center backs out for months, and he completely dominated at the spot (except for the first few games where it was obvious the guy wasn't used to the rest of the teams movements). Not only did he do great in the League he also did really well in the Champions League games, specially against Bayern. He went on to get a permanent spot with the Swedish National Team after a good Euro 2016.

This season I think he has been more inconsistent, probably because the other center-back on our team has been 35 year old Luisão, who clearly is beyond the expiration date. Still, I think he has loads of potential and just needs time to grow. He is already really good for his age, and Mourinho could be a good coach for him to improve on some points of his game. Oh, and he can also play as right-back. :)

26 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

West Brom have bid for Morgan Schneiderlin.

BBC say 13m, Sky reckon 18m. Make them pay 20m, fuck it. You'd know as much as anyone how they've been cocks when it comes to selling players. No way we'll recoup the 25m paid for Schneiderlin but it'd be nice to only make a small loss. It's a shame he never got a proper run in the side after settling in.

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

BBC say 13m, Sky reckon 18m. Make them pay 20m, fuck it. You'd know as much as anyone how they've been cocks when it comes to selling players. No way we'll recoup the 25m paid for Schneiderlin but it'd be nice to only make a small loss. It's a shame he never got a proper run in the side after settling in.

What happened to him at United? I know Poch was desperate to buy him for the last few seasons.

I would imagine most people in football wouldn't want to conduct multi-million pound business deals with someone who willingly makes them public knowledge.

• Admin

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Wilfred Ndidi from Genk in a deal worth £15m plus £3m in potential add-ons. The midfielder had the first part of his medical in December and is looking to conclude the final part of the tests to join on 1 January.

Leicester have applied for a work permit for the 20-year-old and will be able to announce the deal once that has come through. The Premier League champions have beaten off interest from several other top European clubs to sign the Nigeria international. Their manager, Claudio Ranieri, sees him as the perfect replacement for N’Golo Kanté, who joined Chelsea in the summer.

Leicester have struggled without the French international and Ranieri hopes Ndidi will adapt to the Premier League quickly as the club aim to move away from the relegation zone. Leicester also face Sevilla in the last 16 of the Champions League in February.

Born in Lagos, Ndidi was discovered by Manchester United’s Belgium scout Roland Janssen at a youth tournament in 2013. He joined Genk in 2015 and has made 62 league appearances for the Belgian club and scored four goals.

16 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Explain?

Yeah Gazz explained it. If (and that's a big if) that transfer bid was real then throwing a wobbly about it on Twitter is the fastest way to blackball yourself from future negotiations and make any transfer dealings that bit more difficult to conduct.