You Pick Mafia: THE REBOOT Sign-Ups

Like all successful franchises, it's time for You Pick Mafia to prey on your nostalgia and create a new installment that will be a mere husk of the original!

What IS You Pick Mafia?

In short, you - the players - will inspire the roles. I - your GM - will improvise the set-up based on your suggestions.

Let's say you sign up and send in the following suggestions:

• Iron Man
  • Keyboard Cat
  • Sweet Potato Casserole

I might then make any of those three into a role in the game, use one to inspire an entire alliance, or perhaps use it for background or flavor text along the way. For instance, one role in the game might read:

You are Iron Man, Sweet Potato Syndicate-Aligned Billionaire Avenger.

Once during the game, you can PM me to call upon an additional Iron Man suit to double your vote for that day phase.

Your fellow conspirators in the Sweet Potato Alliance are Dora the Explorer (fhqwhjosh), Alexander Hamilton (kliq), and Keyboard Cat (RW).

You win when the Sweet Potato Alliance equals 50% or more of the players remaining in the game.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

• Absurdity!
  • A game that keeps moving!

WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:

• A highly-traditional game of mafia
  • Super serious discussion, devolving into personal attacks

For further reference, you can read the first and second You Pick games here. (The third game got eaten in a board update apparently. Also, holy cats, the first game was nearly ten years ago.)

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:

1. A sign-up post in this thread, as per usual.
  2. A PM sent to me, containing THREE suggestions. More on this in a bit.

Sign-ups will remain open until we reach a comfortable number/interest dies down. I'll allow a maximum of 31 players, though I doubt we'll have that many and that's fine.

NOW, ABOUT YOUR THREE SUGGESTIONS:

• The suggestions can be literally ANYTHING. They can be real life people, pop culture characters, inanimate objects, EWB in-jokes, a simple picture, a song lyric, etc, etc, etc. In other words: BE CREATIVE!
  • The suggestions do not need to be written in the form of a role. A simple word, phrase, or sentence fragment is fine.
  • However, IF YOU WISH to include further info (i.e. a full role name, an ability, a full role description, etc.) feel free.
  • If you DO write a more complete role, please note there is a 100% chance that I will still change it in some manner, perhaps even changing the entire intention of the role. Gotta keep the players guessing. :) 
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE include a link or links I can look at in order to familiarize myself with whatever it is you are suggesting. If you make a suggestion I am not familiar with and include no link for reference, I guarantee it will go unused.
  • Please send only ONE PM. I will likely be receiving a lot of PMs, and I do not wish to have my inbox full to capacity when I still need to use it.

I reserve the right to twist, mangle, and deform your suggestions in any way I see fit, for any reason at all. Some suggestions may even be used VERY tangentially, to the extent they may inspire elements of the game besides the roles. This is merely an example.

Once sign-ups will close, there will be a brief turnaround period - in which I will be assembling the roles/set-up, based on your suggestions - before the actual game begins.

Any questions about anything, feel free to let me know.

Have at it! Sign-up here and send your suggestion PMs!

THE OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST

1. Azazel
  2. Red Devil-Taker316
  3. Srar
  4. Maxx
  5. Troy Santa
  6. Cymbols
  7. Cloudy
  8. C-MIL
  9. TEOL
  10. Ace
  11. Ruki
  12. Fork
  13. Sousa
  14. DFF
  15. Noah
  16. RoHitman Reigns
  17. LD
  18. Pizza
  19. Commander Sheepard
Edited by fhqwhjosh

ME: nah i'm done with mafia
JOSH: *turns crank like immortan joe* YOOOOOOOOOOOU PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
ME: IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN

I'll send you roles tonight or tomorrow.

...and I apologize profusely for one of these roles in particular.

Edited by Sousa
  • Like 4