EWR January 2017 Data in making

For now, I consider it a beta-version. Ages are updated to start a game in January 2017. Some WWE and Lucha Underground changes are made. However, there is one main reason I'm still not satisfied with this update to release it "officialy". I don't follow promotions other than WWE and Lucha Underground so I don't have any knowledge what changed in them since November (last Paige Turner's update). When it comes to ROH, I can at least find a lot of information in internet, but what about f.e. AAW, APW, WXW-C4? These small, local promotions, are complete mystery to me. I'm thinking about deleting them and adding playable version of NJPW, which is making fans all over the world recently.

I'm posting this because I'd appreciate your feedback very much - what can be done/improved to make a better 2017 data update for EWR?

Here you can download my latest work: 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kzxnu7

Edited by Stratosfaction
  • Like 1

AzamDean,

Good to hear someone's taking the role. Good luck to you. I cannot provide consistency to update the data every month due to family duties and working >10 hours/day. Usually, I have a time for EWR during Christmas break and similar longer periods off work.

Helmz,

Thank you

conker8,

Done, will be seen in final release of Jan update

reyjey.styles,

I'm familiar with cagematch, It's great source for promotions, rosters and belts data.

One more thing, I'd like have your feedback on the following:

1. Should CMLL and AAA be National instead of Cult? In real world, both of them easily reached this level. In EWR, promotion needs >80 over main eventers to survive at this level, and this requirement is hard to met by AAA and CMLL in the game. 

2. Sponsors section seems a little bit outdated, can you have any suggestions which sponsors should be removed or toned down with their payment?

3. Do you know any method to delete non-existing Japanese and MMA promotions from the game?

Thanks,

Could someone include Rocky Mountain Pro in their updates? Anaya, Hoodlum, Humphrey Jacobs I, Mario Vanjur, Stephen Ashburn, and "Rolls" Royce Isaacs are solid talents. This is the group that Vince Russo works with. Their shows are very good. I would do it myself, but I just have no clue how to give proper stats. 

therockymountainpro.com

• Like 1

I am planning too add quite a few new people to the workers and staff list.  Everyone that is involved in the WWE UK tournament who are not in the game already,  some more British talents,  and others.  Be on the lookout for later this week for my last stats update along with the final release of my kyky worker,  logo and banner packs. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Paige Turner said:

I am planning too add quite a few new people to the workers and staff list.  Everyone that is involved in the WWE UK tournament who are not in the game already,  some more British talents,  and others.  Be on the lookout for later this week for my last stats update along with the final release of my kyky worker,  logo and banner packs. 

Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!

I'd like to help as well, was planning on also taking over but I don't mind at all, I'd like to help update the wrestlers' names so that they're all correct, as well as check over birth months and ages and finishers as well, as well as modifying some stats, fixing weight classes and also fixing dispositions and gimmicks

Edited by NovaPen

I don't mind helping out with WWE/NXT information, if you need it as I mostly watch WWE nowadays. I do know I felt a lot of the gimmicks were overlooked in the previous data release (November 2016) and needed to be updated which I did myself. I'd be willing to post a list of what gimmicks I changed and the reasons behind the change if you want me to. I also went through and tried my best to get all the current finishers/dispositions turns correct based on recent matches. I am not very good when it comes to stats though.

First off, thanks for doing this, I know how much work this takes.

One thing I noticed is that the charisma ratings for Japanese wrestlers are all over the map.  If you're going to give some Japanese wrestlers who don't speak English ratings in the 80's for charisma (Tanahashi/Nakamura/Mutoh/Kobashi), then people like Liger (56) Ibushi (43),  Yano (23?!?) or even Okada (67) shouldn't be so low.  I'm not a huge fan of this solution, but you might want to bump their ratings up then set "speaks" to "No" because they can't cut English promos but still can be charismatic in the ring (Yano's cheating act gets over in ROH, for example). 

Also Paige's behaviour should be lower given her recent suspensions, Aron Rex is a heel (and about to debut a new gimmick),  Balor's gimmick should probably be 'unique' instead of 'Foreign Star' (I honestly can't figure another way to do the Demon/no Demon gimmick within EWR).  Renee Young should probably be a non-wrestler instead of a production worker.  Chris Scobille and Ryan Ward should have the booker attribute.  Owens and Jericho should be a tag team with some amount of experience.  ACH is no longer with ROH and is now touring with NJPW.  Nigel McGuinness is now working for WWE as a commentator.  Colt Cabana is now a heel in ROH (maybe Old School Heel for a gimmick).  The Bucks should probably be tweeners instead of heels (especially if Adam Cole is a face in ROH in the game, because Cole should be heel/tweener).  Christopher Daniels should be a Man on a Mission instead of a Old School Heel (he's shaking hands now) and probably make him a tweener.  Veda Scott's left ROH.   Dalton Castle should have more overness.  By default the game treats him as a Lower Midcarder in ROH but he's more like an uppermidcarder (at least 65 over, he's certainly not less over than Kenny King for example).  Jay Lethal is a face in ROH.  Not important but Steenerico should have 100 experience.  

Matt Sydal was arrested in Japan for drug possession and is no longer working for NJPW.

There's a ton of stats I'd change but that's more of a personal thing.  The main thing to fix would be more consistency with the standards for giving Japanese wrestlers charisma ratings.