EWR January 2017 Data in making

Okay, CHIKARA stuff. There's a lot to do and some battles I want to fight but update #1 is just going to be some preliminary roster stuff. Includes one major dual-identity spoiler in case any CHIKARA folks who dodge that stuff are reading.

Spoiler

Definitely gone are:

- Amasis (and rename him to "Desean Pratt" because that's what he's going by now)

- Blaster McMassive (now with WWN/EVOLVE)

- Flex Rumblecrunch (now with WWN/EVOLVE)

- Heidi Lovelace (signed to WWE)

- Kimber Lee (signed to WWE)

- Leonard F. Chikarason (rename to Joe Sposto, and honestly should maybe be shifted over to a staff role as a signable announcer)

- Snowflake

- Shynron (rename to "Zenshi")

- Gavin Loudspeaker

- Natali Morris

Probably gone too are:

- Jervis Cottonbelly

- Blind Rage

- Jaka

- Crazy Frank

Add:

- Larry Peace (referee)

Need to be added to the game, and I'll try and ballpark stats for some of these people:

- Ashley Vox

- Delmi Exo

- Cornelius Crummels

- Sonny DeFarge

- Donald Kluger

- Jasper Tippins

- Trent Seven (in an open contract with WWE)

- Tyler Bate (in an open contract with WWE)

- Vlad Radinov (announcer)

We're also going to have to have a debate about dual-identities and such but for now I'm going to say that with the murky way it is, Orange Cassidy should be renamed to Fire Ant. His stuff for CHIKARA is a lot more significant than the undercard comedy spots he does as Orange in other promotions.

EDIT: Okay, here's a couple more bits.

Spoiler

- We either need to create staffers who are hireable by backyard promotions to make that stuff doable again OR delete a bunch of existing staffers so the game will generate random ones again. Natali Morris is one who can pretty easily be deleted; I honestly don't know if she ever did any actual production work for CHIKARA, but she's not in the wrestling business otherwise. She's the wife of Quack's childhood best friend and as far as I can remember only did a YouTube show for CHIKARA for a few months.

- Worker Ant can be deleted (as far as I know he retired for real in 2009), and in the process that'll mean that the Worker Ant II on the CHIKARA roster can be renamed to Worker Ant.

- Mike Quackenbush should be on a written, Unsackable contract. It's his company, and we're long past the period of time where he was an active indy wrestler who actually appeared for other companies.

- Dissolve Devastation Corporation as a stable. Add Mark Angelosetti and Kobald to the heXed Men, remove Blind Rage.

Will start on alignments and gimmicks tomorrow.

41 minutes ago, Stratosfaction said:

Does anyone know how to delete inactive japanese promotions?

These should be deleted:

Battlearts

PRIDE

World Japan Pro Wrestling

Wrestling Marvelous Future

Would be glad for help.

I believe when you start up the .exe, the File Editor section will lead to Promotions where you can delete the inactive promotions. 

44 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

You actually can't do that for Japanese touring promotions. It's very much an albatross around EWR's neck now.

I'd imagine you'd have to jump into the code of the game in order to change that, and a novice is more likely to screw that up. I have rudimentary coding skills, so I'm not gonna touch it. I just ignore Japan altogether when I play anyways. Plus, because of EWRs limitations, I'm an active proponent of Arsenic. At this stage it's a must have.

• Like 3

Okay, a lot of CHIKARA roster tweaks to the existing guys.

Spoiler

Wait, okay, also remove:

- Jervis Cottonbelly
- Dalton Castle
- Jaka
- Prakash Sabar
- Pinkie Sanchez

ARGUS:

Technical should be up to the high 50s/low 60s, speed should be down to low 50s/high 40s.

BULLET ANT:

Alignment should be Face.  I'm honestly not sure on the gimmick but Armed Forces is fine to stay at for now.

Primary finisher is still listed on the roster page as something that's way too long, but I'd go with "Tailbone Slammer Xtreme" and it's a guillotine legdrop, so Top Rope.

Is in a team called Just a Lot of Ants with Worker Ant (II). Experience at 5.

ESTONIAN THUNDEFROG:

Rename to "ThunderFrog."

Overness should be up to 40, brawling should be in the 60s, technical could be brought down to 50. He's a power wrestler. Might up his charisma to 72.

HALLOWICKED:

Brawl should be up to about 70. Charisma to around 63. Wicked is basically a guy who can work any style of match pretty well. Charisma reflects "passable promo, good physical charisma."

HERMIT CRAB:

Is a heel, should be at opener status, overness at 20. Comedy Character for gimmick. The Flat Crab is a Submission finisher, not an Impact.

ICARUS:

Gimmick to Old School Heel.

JUAN FRANCISCO DE CORONADO:

Overness up to 40, technical up to low 70s.

KOBALD:

Turn heel.

LOS ICE CREAMS:

Alignment for both is Face, overness should be up to 40 - 45. They are real over in CHIKARA. El Hijo del Ice Cream's charisma should be up to 75, Jr's charisma down to 60.

LUCAS CALHOUN:

Alignment should be Face, and his actual gimmick (Country Singer/Elvis Impersonator) won't work for a face so Fun Babyface would work. Charisma should be up ten points, secondary finisher should be Rikishi Driver.

MARK ANGELOSETTI:

Alignment to heel, gimmick to... weirdly, I might say No Gimmick Needed at the moment. Brawling should be in the low 70s.

Main finisher should be the Colossal Bomb. Secondary finisher is the Flea Flicker, both Impact.

MAX SMASHMASTER:

Manager should be Sidney Bakabella, overness should be 40, gimmick should be Bully, charisma should be 66, brawl should be low 70s, speed  mid-30s, technical mid-20s.

MISSILE ASSAULT MAN:

Alignment is Face, gimmick is most certainly not Pacifist. I'd learn towards Armed Forces in that "ex-soldier suffering from PTSD" is basically his gimmick.

OLEG THE USURPER:

Alignment is Face, overness should be low 30s, Gimmick is... man. Knight might be the closest? I was sure there was a gimmick for Bruiser Brody/Berserker style characters. Secondary finisher is the Usurper Kick, Brawl should be in the high 60s.

OPHIDIAN:

Gimmick is Mysterious, technical up to 72.

PROLETARIAT BOAR OF MOLDOVA:

Whoever made his stats never saw him wrestle, haha. Should be a heavyweight, should have low 60s in brawl and mid-40s in speed and technical.

RACE JAXON:

Alignment should be Tweener, gimmick Angry Young Man. Overness shoud be up to high 20s, Brawl should be mid 20s.

ROCK LOBSTER:

Is a heel. Honestly no clue what his gimmick should be. Comedy Character? Except he doesn't actually do a lot of comedy.

SIDNEY BAKABELLA:

Charisma up to high 70s, gimmick is The Brain. Tick "Announcer."

ULTRAMANTIS BLACK:

Fonz Factor. DON'T FIGHT ME ON THIS. Brawl stat up to low 60s, miiiiight need to switch him back to active wrestler but not sure yet.

WORKER ANT (II):

Brawl up by five points, speed down by ten points, charisma down by six points. Gimmick is Blue Collar.

Next I'll start working on stables/tag teams.

• Like 1

Listed as The Big Guy.

a bit of CHIKARA tag team updates (mostly the ones that don't require creating wrestlers or doing the Dual Identities As They Relate to CHIKARA Debate), and data for a roster member not in the game:

Spoiler

1. Increase the level of experience for Devastation Corporation from 10 to 50 and then mark them as inactive.
2. Create a tag team between Blaster McMassive and Flex Rumblecrunch called The Gatekeepers, experience at 40. I mean, they're not in CHIKARA anymore but still.
3. N_R_G's experience should be increased to 40, aaaaaand then marked inactive.
4. The Batiri have been an active tag team for six years. Experience up to 75.
5. Hallowicked and Frightmare's experience should be around 65 - 70. Would be higher but they have some infrequent periods.

First roster addition:

Full Name: Officer Warren Barksdale
Shortened Name: Barksdae
Birth Month: Unknown
Weight: Heavyweight
Alignment: Face
Position: Opener

Gimmick: Law Enforcement

Brawling: 37
Speed: 21
Technical: 58
Stiffness: 50
Selling: 76
Over: 20
Charisma: 62
Attitude: 83
Behavior: 84

Primary Finisher: Hard Time (Impact)
Other Finisher: Cease and Desist (Ground)

Next will be adding more roster members, but I also want to propose a bunch of staff cuts from the game so I'm gonna be researching a lot of names for that.

Seeing that a lot of us are willing to help out, and seeing that Paige Turner may be too busy being a father, totally understandable, if there is someone who knows how to do it, if we all help out, maybe it won't make the job too hard and we can get that BIG update we've been excited for.

I'll do research for sure, as I have zero clue how to actually do the updates.