365 Movies in 365 Days - Electric Boogalou

Draevyn

Alright, so I know that there was a topic for this last year but since it's a new year, I've decided to start another topic where we go through 365 movies this year. I'm going to try to make posts when I watch them rather than just listing them as has been done in the past.

So it's only day one and I'm already ahead.

1. X-Men Apocalypse - I was not a big fan of the last X-Men movie but I actually enjoyed this one. As much as I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and I think he's perfect for the role I feel like they should have recast him if they were going to recast the whole group. Either that or keep Jackman for side projects but not part of the reboot. Not sure if I'm the only one who shares that sentiment or not. Fassbender and McAvoy are definitely the stars of these movies though.

2. Now You See Me 2 - The girlfriend didn't think this was as good as the first one but I think I may have actually enjoyed this movie a bit more. They're pretty predictable if you're paying attention but that doesn't change the enjoyment for me. I've always been a fan of "magic" and never liked when people attempted to discredit it. Just fucking believe god damn you! I love that they gave Radcliffe some lines to kind of make fun of Harry Potter. Too bad he was a filthy squib!

If anyone wants to join in, please feel free to do so. I'd like to see some opinions on movies as well. I'm attempting to watch things I've never seen before.

• Like 2

I'll keep track of what I'm watching but I won't aim for 365 because a) I'm far more into wrestling than films at the moment; b) I should try and be more productive this year; and c) I only want to log films I've never seen before and I find it hard to get excited for newer stuff now.

Plus I get massively stressed when I don't reach targets, hence why I'm not setting a target.

I might give this ago seeing as I tend to watch alot of movies and tv anyway and already use Trakt.tv to keep on top of what I've watched. I'll begin keeping track from today and aim for 365 by January 1st next year.

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Edited by Deathlok190

I'm off to a decent start on this one. I'll keep tabs on how I'm getting on here I guess.

1) Suicide Squad

2) Warcraft

3) A Monster Calls

4) Assassins Creed

5) Batman Vs Superman : Dawn of Justice

With DVDs of Gods of Egypt and Now You See Me 2 as christmas presents I've not got round to yet, it's nice to have an early head start!

Edited by lanky316

3. Jason Bourne - People seemed to have differing opinions on this movie when they talk about it. I'm a huge fan of the first three of them, and hell even the one with Jeremy Renner wasn't bad though it could have done without even calling itself a Bourne movie. This is probably Matt Damon's best role outside of Goodwill Hunting and I was kind of glad to see him to back to it. The end of it set up for new movies but even if there isn't another one, this could also be a decent end to the series as well.

Up next will be either The Accountant with Ben Affleck because I love me some Ben Affleck or TMNT 2: Out Of The Shadows. I might not get to one tomorrow but I like to stay ahead so I might try to force one of the two in tomorrow.

Think we did this in 2014, and maybe the first half of 2015? 2016 was so shitty that we didn't even do it. I'm always up for this, I didn't watch enough movies last year because Letterboxd was the only place where I was logging, and to be fair, that community sucks balls. I started logging films in the middle of 2013, where I logged 76 films, 436 films in 2014, 278 in 2015 & 133 in 2016. Looking to hit the 365 mark this year, even though the first two films I’ve watched are rewatches.

Anyway!

1.       January 1st, 2017 The Spectacular Now (2013) [REWATCH] *****

2.       January 2nd, 2017 Captain America: Civil War (2013) [REWATCH] *****

Will be looking to watch a ton more 2016 films before the Oscars, as I’m only at 63 there.

7 hours ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

Think we did this in 2014, and maybe the first half of 2015? 2016 was so shitty that we didn't even do it. I'm always up for this, I didn't watch enough movies last year because Letterboxd was the only place where I was logging, and to be fair, that community sucks balls. I started logging films in the middle of 2013, where I logged 76 films, 436 films in 2014, 278 in 2015 & 133 in 2016. Looking to hit the 365 mark this year, even though the first two films I’ve watched are rewatches.

Anyway!

1.       January 1st, 2017 The Spectacular Now (2013) [REWATCH] *****

2.       January 2nd, 2017 Captain America: Civil War (2013) [REWATCH] *****

Will be looking to watch a ton more 2016 films before the Oscars, as I’m only at 63 there.

wut

3 hours ago, Fork 2016 said:

I've done it for television shows but it's weird. I find binge watching television much easier than binge watching movies.

Don't think that's too weird - less attention span required as they're shorter, and they're usually now geared towards being binged, there's not really an equivalent for films. Plus TV is like one big story, whereas you have to re-set for each film (kind of, probably, maybe). 

Edited by Jimmy

4 hours ago, Deathlok190 said:

Figured I would post a quick update despite it only being a day since I decided to undertake the challenge.

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
New Additions
2. The Last Legion
3. Ready to Rumble
4. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Like'd for Ready to Rumble. That movie knew how to speak to my inner child

14 hours ago, I Dungeon Master said:

Like'd for Ready to Rumble. That movie knew how to speak to my inner child

Same for me, I try to watch it in January every year as part of my personal buildup to the Royal Rumble. I do wish the triple cage match looked less scripted and more like the two were generally beating the crap out of each other.